Chapter One

One Month Later

*Liam's P.O.V.*

I sat down next to Zayn on the couch. He muted the telly and faced me.

"Z, can we go the mall today?" I gave him my best puppy face. He laughed and poked my nose.

"Anything for my Li-bear" I giggled and tackled him in a bear hug. 

"Thanks, Z" I stood up and grabbed my phone. I dialed Harry's number and waited for him to answer.

"Hello?" I heard his deep voice answer. 

"Harry! Zaynie said we could go to the mall! Bring Louis and Niall!" He laughed and hung up. I heard footsteps and saw all three come down the stairs.

"You know you could just yell for us instead of calling, right Li?" I heard Niall laugh as he grabbed an apple. 

"But that's no fun!" I pouted. I felt Zayn wrap his arms around me from behind.

"I think it's adorable" He whispered. I giggled and kissed his cheek. 

"To the mall!" I shouted as I ran outside. Everyone laughed and followed me out. Louis was driving and Harry sat next to him while Niall sat in the middle and Zayn and I sat in the back. I cuddled into Zayn while we drove. 

"Louis, are we almost there?" I asked loudly.

"In a bit" He hummed and tapped his hand on the steering wheel while holding Harry's hand. I looked over at Zayn and smiled.

"Z?" I asked slowly.

"Yeah, Li?" He glanced over at me and smiled.

"Will you sing me a song?" I asked in a hopeful tone. He chuckled.

"Sure, Li" He closed his eyes and slowly began to sing to me.

"My ship went down in a sea of sound

When I woke alone I had everthing

A handful of moments I wished I could change

And a tongue like a knife that cut like a blade

In a city of fools

I was careful and cool

But they tore me apart like a hurricane

A handful of moments I wished I could change 

But I was carried away

Give me therapy

I'm a walking travesty

But I'm smiling at everything 

Therapy

You were never a friend to me

You can keep all your misery

My lungs gave out as I faced the crowd

I think that keeping this up could be dangerous

I'm flesh and bone

I'm a rolling stone

And the experts say I'm delirious 

Give me therapy

I'm a walking travesty

But I'm smiling at everything 

Therapy

You were never a friend to me

You can take back your misery

Arrogant boy

Love yourself so no one has to

They're better off without you

(They're better off without you)

Arrogant boy

Cause a scene like you're supposed to

They'll fall asleep without you

You're lucky if your memory remains

Give me therapy

I'm a walking travesty

But I'm smiling at everything 

Therapy

You were never a friend to me

You can take back your misery

Give me therapy

I'm a walking travesty

But I'm smiling at everything 

Therapy

You were never a friend to me

You choke on your misery"

I smiled up at him as he finished.

"Beautiful as always, Z" I looked toward the front of the car to see Louis smiling.

"Are we there yet?" I asked again.

"Yes, we are" I heard Harry said happily. I smiled and clapped. Zayn grinned and got out of the car. Me and Niall raced toward the mall while Louis and Harry leisurely walked while holding hands. I raced ahead of Niall and stopped as I got to the door. I waited for everyone and made sure no one went in.

"Okay. Everyone have their phones?" I heard a chorus of 'yes's and 'yeah's but I looked over to see a  frowning Niall.

"Niall...you have to stay with either me and Zayn or Harry and Louis." He nodded and put is hands in his pockets.

"Okay, we will meet in the food court at Nando's at 3:00. That gives us two hours and if we want to stay later we can but we meet there at 3:00. No if, ands, or buts" Everyone nodded. They knew the drill. We all walked into the mall but seperated towards different stores. Niall went with Harry and Louis to get Louis some new TOMs while Zayn wanted to get a new hat.

I sat there patiently waiting for him to look through all of them. I was looking around at all of them when I spotted a Batman hat. I gasped and stood up to get a better look. It was amazing. I don't know how long I was staring at it but I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I turned around to see Zayn stading there. I blushed and smiled.

"What are you looking at, Li?" He asked glancing toward the hat.

"Nothing, Z" I smiled and pointed to the hat in his hands. 

"Are you gonna get that one?" He looked down at it and nodded.

"I'm gonna go buy it so why don't you wait by the door." I nodded and smiled. I was a little upset I couldn't look at the hat a little longer but I did what Zayn said. After a few minutes he came towards me with a bag. He wrapped his arm around me and we headed towards the food court. We sat down at a tabe to wait for the other boys. He smiled at me grabbed the bag. He set it in front of me and motioned me to open it. I looked at him curiously but did as I was told. I looked down into the bag and saw the Batman hat from earlier.

"Z!" I gasped excitedly. I took it out and placed it my head carefully. I giggled. He laughed at poked my nose.

"Thank you so much, Z!" I squealed as I hugged him. He laughed and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"Anything for you"

 Hat in link