Come closer

PART 1 - So.. yeah this is basically my version of what happened with Jen and Brad really... Hope you like it!!

-2007-

Jen arrives to Courts to take care of Coco for a couple of days, Court had said that David and she needed a few days to unwind from all the stress, and they didn't want nannies, they wanted the god mother in law, so Jen gets out of the car with the suitcase and rings the bell, Court comes out to receive her and let her get in.

- Thank you so much Jen for doing this for us, really, we swear it’s only going to be two days; we need it so bad…

- Don’t worry, I think I have it all under control, and Coco is such an angel, right? - Jen says while she takes Coco in her arms.

- Yeah, with those five years old she is, I think she wouldn’t do anything bad… - Court smiles at Coco.

Courteney and David begin to put their bags in the car, when they come to say goodbye to Jen, she hugs her.

-Jen, first, I want you to know that I love you so much, and second, you may receive some visits, because we haven't told anyone that we're two days out, so, thanks.

They hug and Jen says goodbye to David. She gets in the house and puts Coco to watch some TV while she prepares some food, ten minutes later, someone rings the bell.

- Maybe they have forgotten something, weird..., Court is...Court... - Jen thinks as she approaches the door.

She opens the door and she cannot believe it, she can hardly breathe, Brad is in front of her with a full taper lasagna in his hands, he has the beard that makes him sexy, not much but a little, a t-shirt really looks hot on him, and normal jeans, Brad can't either believe it, he looks at her, swallows and says:

- Hey… Where are Court and David?

- Em... the...they... are... they are gone for couple of days. What... what are you doing here?

- They invited me to come over and eat…

-Oh, well, now they’re not here.- That was the smartest thing she could have said in that moment, she thinks.- but... but you have driven all the way to come here and you also have brought lasagna, so...come in...

Brad sits on the table and takes the salad Jen has prepared and served, Jen calls Coco and puts her on her chair in front of her food, Jen sits in front of Brad and Coco begins to eat like crazy, Jen and Brad look at her and laugh together.

- And ... How's it going?

- Good, good ... they´ve just sent me the script for a movie, and it looks very good...

- Cool, I still watch all of your movies… and you’re amazing in all of them.- Jen looks at him and smiles in symbol of thanks. She knows Brad is on a dangerous ground, but she doesn’t want to say anything yet, so she shut up her answer and asks.

- How are the children doing?

- Really good, they´re really happy and I am really happy, so... yeah... 

Awkward silences, forks sounding like never before, some time to time Coco trying to speak fluently, they have nothing to talk about, they do not know what to talk about. Jen realizes that Coco dropped some food on her clothes, so she cleans it with water while Brad brings another t-shirt for her. They sit down again and Coco rushes off to watch TV.

- Jen... were you going out with Vince?

- Yes, why?

- I don’t know... he is just not your type...