44: happy birthday harry

Start from the beginning

The force of him hitting the ground sent a loud noise throughout the plane. The plane anxiety filled person in me freaking out for a good five seconds until I realized that the plane wasn't going to crash because Harry fell. After that, I busted up laughing, both he and I sitting on the floor.

"What in Sam's hell are you two doing?" Patrick walks in with his arms crossed and a blanket in his hands.

When he sees us laughing on the floor, he huffs and throws the blanket at us, mumbling, "I hate you guys."

•••

After we landed somewhere in Europe for a one hour layover, we jumped back into the jet and continued our venture to Tokyo, Japan. Once we broke the four hour barrier, my excitement jumped ten notches.

I was performing in a stadium for over thirty-five thousand people. In Japan! They don't even speak the same language as I do and they know me!

I couldn't stop moving in the jet. I'd keep getting up to go to the bathroom to simply stare at my reflection and put my hair either up or down--depending on what I changed it to the previous time. Eventually, Harry made me sit beside him with his arms secured tightly around me so I wouldn't get up again. Not that I was complaining about this new position or anything.

"The 60 Minutes crew will be recording you as soon as we land. Just a head's up," Jane said when we had two hours until landing.

She was wearing sweats and a tee shirt which was completely out of character for her, but I was glad to see her relaxing. It was just unfortunate that the only time she did kick back was on a 12 hour flight.

"'Kay," I respond quietly because Harry had fallen asleep. I really did not want to wake him up either. His arms were somewhat around me and his head was on my shoulder and I could hear his soft snores in my ear.

I jumped when I felt something wet hit my cheek. The shot of water came from in front of me. From the guy with a freaking water gun in his hand.

"How the hell did you get a water gun onto a plane?" I hiss at Devin.

"Shush. It's a water catapult. Don't use that sort of language." He shoots at me again and the water hits me in the eye. I flinch and move my hands to cover my face. In my movements, Harry bolted awake.

I watched him rub the sleep out of his eyes and turn his torso from side to side, stretching. Then he was attacked with a water gun as well. He gave a loud, "Oi!".

"Hey, man, happy birthday in Tokyo!" Devin shouts, dropping the water gun and throwing his hands up into the air.

A small smile appeared on Harry's face. "Thanks, bro."

"You get like three birthdays from us," Patrick adds, scrolling through his phone.

"How so?"

"Japan, UK, and U.S.."

Harry smirks and nods his head. "Nice," he drawls.

"Is your family coming to Japan to celebrate with you?" Patrick asks.

Harry shrugs. "My sister has been talking to me about coming to the first show. My mom, dad, and step-dad aren't, though."

"Gemma's coming?" I asked. She'd never texted me about it.

"Maybe. She wasn't sure at first because it's one of her friend's birthdays today back home. She doesn't want to be hungover at the concert."

I laugh. "Oh, yeah, I get it."

"If she doesn't come to the first then she'll definitely come to the second show."

"I'm so fucking psyched," Devin says.