Chapter: 18

|The Heat|

/Skinny Love by Birdy/
Unedited.
I was sweating vigorously. I was hot and then I was cold, you are yes then you are no, you are in then yo-

Okay you get the point.

After Cole returned us to the pack house, he came into the bedroom in nothing but shorts, and me on the bed. It was now 22:00, 10 pm.

"I feel weird Cole."

He kept explaining to me that The Heat is only 3 days, all different. All I knew was that today was the weird pains throughout my body and flu like symptoms stage.

"Cole, get out."

"Kitten," His voice came out like a croaked whisper.

"I don't want you to see me disgusting like-THIS." I grunted out the last part because a surge of pain went through me. It felt like period cramps, but came and go quickly.

"Kitten, I could never think of you disgusting. You are beautiful and I'm going to get you through this."

"Cole, I am on your king sized bed, sweating all over your beautiful sheets. Which reminds me," I lifted my head, my hair in my face. "You really should let me do this room."

"Huh?" He asked, crawling on the bed so his face was inches from mine.

"It's all tan and plain."

"Well I just had it put together. I was going to throw paint on it but you can decorate it, whatever makes you happy."

"I like organization and decorating. But please, go away. I can't let you see me like this." I buried my head in the sheets again.

"Kitten, I don't get why you care so much about the way you look."

Tears started making their way into my eyes. "Please, let it go Cole." I said, but it came out more like a whisper giving a sign to Cole that I was about to cry.

I was about to break.

"Oh, Kitte-"

"Stop!" I shot up, scrambled off the bed and down the hall to "my" room. I shut the door and locked it.

I went over to the sink and stared into brown-grey eyes I have come familiar with. The broken eyes I always thought would have a light in them. But they don't shine the same anymore, like a broken moon. I saw tears streaming down my face, along with sweat beaded across my head and my chest. my hair was damp, and looked slightly oily.

I gasped, as if I was trying to catch air. I fell to the floor, my hand holding onto the sink.

I started to bawl, my whole body shaking. I was slouched over, my head bowed down so my hair was covering me face.

"Heather, open this door."

Pathetic you are. You are ugly.

"Heather, please..."

Waste of air. Stay in bed, it's not worth getting up.

"Heather! Unlock this door!"

Darkness and depression is all you see.

I still kept my head bowed down when I heard the loud bang and cracks as the door was broken down, I suppose by Cole.

"Heather..." I heard him breathe out, taking steps towards me.

"I was okay before him. I got better," I whispered.

"Oh, Heather," Cole said, leaning down and taking me into his arms.