Chapter: 13 Part Two

I couldn't comprehend what was happening right now.

I was going to yell for Cole, but I knew Kyle would just rip me to shreds. The wolf took a step for every step I went back, taunting me until I bumped into a tree. His eyes were flickering with amusement, his tongue licked his bloody lips.

The wolf's bones started to pop, crack and shift until Kyle was his full human self. Let me restate that. Full, naked, human self.

He walked towards me until I could feel the heat radiating off of him, his cold breath kissing my face like painful snowflakes.

"What-what do you want?" I croaked.

He put his hand to my cheek and I flinched. He was basically covering me, and I wasn't sure if it was because of the life threatening situation or the fact I was scared out of my mind, but it looked like Kyle got even larger in size.

"Oh Thea," He said. I shivered at the sound of his voice. This was not my old boyfriend Kyle. This was someone else, more evil and cunning, with venom dripping from the lips I used to kiss.

He was a monster.

"Why are you so scared my princess?" He brought his other hand to my face.

"I am not your princess," I gritted out.

"You will always be mine, Thea."

He started to open his mouth, his eyes getting darker and glittering with amusement. Once my mind registered what he was about to do, I started squirming to get out of his grip, but his hands went to my arms like iron fists holding me there. His face got closer to my neck. Oh my God. He was going to mark me like the mate thing Cole told me about.

Cole. Oh my God.

Kyle's face was right on my shoulder, where my collarbone and neck met. I felt his hot, lethal breath and I started to shake.

"Oh Thea, don't worry. As if I'd mark you now. I have other plans in store for you."

I heard a noise in the bush, and I looked past Kyle's shoulder to see a furious Cole in shorts. Thank God he wasn't naked too.

Kyle didn't bother looking up, he just kept his face tucked in my shoulder, and I felt the tickle of his lips turn into a grin.

He chuckled. "One move, and I mark her, Alpha Cole."

Cole's eyes met mine, and they softened. He looked to Kyle's back and his eyes darkened.

Kyle lifted his head, and stared deep into my eyes. "I will be back, princess."

And he leapt, turning into a wolf midair and left.

Cole was immediately over to me. I couldn't move, and I felt the imprint of the tree into my backside.

"Heather-"

I reached my arms out and pulled him to me, lightly. He must have gotten the hint and I felt his grasp get harder, holding me to him, hugging.

I needed his strength and safety from him right now.

I needed his comfort.

I needed Cole.