Lady and Lord Kolbeck

I REALLY WANTED TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR MY FIRST BOOK ON THIS ACCOUNT SO THAT WAS KINDA WHY I DECIDED TO WRITE THIS. I REALLY LIKED THE IDEA OF HAVING A STORY SET IN A FUTURISTIC SETTING BUT I ALSO REALLY LIKE HAVING OLD ENGLISH IN STORIES SO I DID MY BEST TO COMBINE BOTH OF THEM! 

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK, ID LOVE TO HEAR ALL OF YOUR THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW IF YOU WANT TO HEAR MORE FROM THESE GUYS.

-CERYS 

Sharp November gusts scrapped across her chipped porcelain face and danced through the stray stands of her flaxen hair that grew in waves of ebony. Her emerald eyes danced with excitement as she gazed blissfully up at the sight before her. Never could she have predicted the beauty of what she was witnessing, what she was a part of. Her ears filled with the soft song of the viol and she hummed lightly to herself, content with her surrounding for the first time in her short life. Oblivious to the crowd forming behind the two of them, she gripped his hand mercifully, staring up into his bronze eyes as he lovingly gazed back at her. The familiar spiced scent of cinnamon along with the muskiness of clay breached her nostrils, filling her with an overwhelming sense of belonging with this man that stood before her.

"I, Lord Asmund Kolbeck in the name of the spirit of the Gods that reside within us all, by the life that courses within my blood and the love that resides within my heart, take thee Ingrid Hjelmstad to my hand, my heart, and my spirit, to be my chosen one. To desire thee and be desired by thee, to possess thee, and be possessed by thee, without sin or shame." Ingrid's own eyes bored into his now melting pools of bronze as a slow, scared tear escaped his tear duct.

"And I, Ingrid Hjelmstad in the name of the spirit of the Gods that reside within us all, by the life that courses within my blood and the love that resides within my heart, take thee Lord Asmund Kolbeck to my hand, my heart, and my spirit, to be my chosen one. To desire thee and be desired by thee, to possess thee, and be possessed by thee, without sin or shame." Her grip around his hand tightened as she spoke the holy words, she felt the very essence of their souls combing in a desperate attempt to be close to each other, to complete each other. She wanted nothing more than to be one with him, body and soul, through life and death. Too many gruelling nights had she spent without his soft caress and firm, war torn body.

"Yes I heard it was quite a day Lady Ingrid" His prickly voice scraped away at the vision inside of her mind."Some even say it was the grandest wedding since Emperor Boli's wedding half a century ago. Now that was a day to remember" He drew a sharp line down the shaking girls face with one of his cold, fleshless fingers.

"Leave her alone, it is me you want not the girl." His voice was deep, dark and stronger than the great herds of horses that gallop across the vast plains of Cantul. "Leave this land Rasputin." He bellowed, viciously pulling at the immortal chains that captured his wrists and throat. 

"You think addressing me in my mother tongue will somehow aid me in forgetting that you Asmund Kolbeck owe a great dept to me which must be repaid" Hissing like a battle ready viper, Rasputin slithered over to Ingrid, the smell of decay followed briskly behind. "She," His skeletal fingers wrapped around Ingrid's pale neck and gripped tightly, "will do nicely" His decrepit figure skulked ever closer to Ingrid's trembling form, his rotting robes grovelling behind him."Are you aware of the darkness that lurks in the depths of your beloved Asmund's soul sweet child?" He wheezed next to Ingrid's ear. She shrunk into her chains as the scent of his decomposing innards seeped out of his chapped lips.

 "There is no darkness," Ingrid spoke, barely above a whisper, "only light resides there." 

 Rasputin seethed chuckled flooded the room and echoed inside Ingrid's mind. He lifted his cadaverous hand and placed two gaunt fingers on Ingrid's temple, "Your innocence is true poor girl, one day you will learn the truth of Asmund Kolbeck. But as for now, your soul is not mine to devour." He removed his withered fingers from her face and looked into her pained eyes, "You have nothing to fear from me child. I will release you." With a small passive movement of his hand the glowing chains dropped from Ingrid's wrists and she collapsed on the cold, concrete floor. 

 "What about Asmund?" She begged as she dragged herself over to her entrapped love, feeling the cold concrete lacerating her legs. She knelt by his feet, nestling herself into his body in hopes to feel the warmth he had always provided her with. Slow streams of claret blood trickled from the grazes on her knees and Rasputin met her lost gaze once again. 

 "Leave now before I change my mind about you girl." He spat, swinging his arm towards her. Startled, she allowed a cry of fright to escape her cold lips and she hugged even closer into Asmund. 

"I won't leave you my love." Ingrid's voice was hoarse and pitiful. Her sorrowful song steamed into Asmund's ears, dragging stray tears from his tear ducts. 

He brought his head up slowly to meet the expecting gaze of Rasputin, Asmund's black mane fell down his shoulders," I'll take you to her." He growled, his head shifting harshly to one side when he realised that for the first time in his life he had finally accepted defeat. " You have to go my kitten, I will return for you." He sobbed, dropping his head in defeat.

" "No, no don't make me go. No." Ingrid cried as she pulled at his legs.

"Leave." Rasputin boomed, directing her to an open door that stood where she had once been chained.

"I won't forget this." She hissed violently at the decaying man, "I love you Asmund, lumina mea, salvatorul mea." Shaking, she stood from her position on the floor and gazed into his broken eyes," Live for me." She whispered before gliding towards the mysterious door.