Prologue

EDITED

Disclaimer: Events are a lil switched up here and will be from now on. Please don't correct me, I'm aware :)

"Leah, I have to do this! Why can't you just understand-"

"You don't have to do anything! I can't believe you're going to leave me and go get yourself killed just to get revenge. Sometimes you're so damn thickheaded!" Leah exclaimed, cutting Sirius off. He stared at his wife, not wanting to leave her. But he knew what had to be done...he had to get that rat.

"Please, just listen to me-"

"I ALREADY HAVE! I'VE LISTENED AND LISTENED BUT MY OPINION WON'T CHANGE! YOU'RE THE ONE THAT NEEDS TO LISTEN TO ME!" she screamed and burst into tears. Sirius gave a sigh and embraced Leah, his heart aching.

"I'm sorry honey, but I need to get Pettigrew before he reveals our location-"

"No, no! Damnit, if you would've just listened to me to begin with, we wouldn't be in this situation! Remus should've been a good secret keeper without a doubt!"

"It would've been too obvious-"

"You say that but is that really the reason?" Leah questioned, her steely gaze burning him with guilt. His eyes met the floor. "Exactly, it isn't. You didn't choose him because you two always had this...this...tension. You were always on edge with him and it was absolutely ridiculous! Honestly, you two were worked up over some stupid girl-"

Sirius frowned, finally meeting her gaze. "You weren't, aren't, and never will be a stupid girl."

"Not the point, Sirius." She rolled her eyes. "I don't care what differences you had, he would've died for us, as we would for him. You knew Peter was never trustworthy, yet you did it because of some stupid-"

"I get the point."

"I don't care, I'm still blaming you." Leah crossed her arms and pursed her lips. "How about we try getting Dumbledore's help?"

"Dumbledore has enough problems as it is."

"My friends? Kate specifically?"

Sirius' fathomless grey eyes widened. "You...you don't know what happened to them?" She shook her head and his heart dropped. This was going to be difficult. "Well, um...Voldemort, erm, captured them and tried getting information...they all refused and..."

"And?"

"Leah, he killed them," he said, bracing himself for her emotions. But surprisingly enough, her face was blank. "Are you, erm, okay?"

"All of them died?"

"Kate, Amae, and Beth."

"You're forgetting about-"

"Well, you know how Rachel had hooked up with Peter..."

"Wait, both of them turned on us?!" exclaimed Leah, brows furrowed. Sirius gave a sad nod.

"When she didn't die I knew Pettigrew got in good with Voldemort."

"Damn...maybe we could get help from...ah, nevermind."

"Who?"

"Um...Severus?"

Sirius barked with forced laughter as he said, "Ha, Snivellus? No thanks."

"He's not even that bad! Well, I guess we couldn't get his help anyway because you and James were rude idiots who bullied him all throughout school!"

"I'm not arguing with you," stated the man, starting towards the door. Leah knew this had a double meaning. He wasn't arguing about secret keepers nor would he about leaving.