Boys...why do I even bother? chapter 14

Start from the beginning

"...oh," I say with a frown. I really was out of shape!

I allow myself time to regain my breath before glancing up at my surroundings. Josh seems to have taken us to a big pile of rocks, but as I walk further down, I spot an opening to a cave type thing about 13 ft from the water.

"Is this what you wanted to show me?" I ask, pointing to the medium sized alcove.

"Yep," he says with a grin as he takes my hand again and leads me inside.

We take a few steps in then plop down on the sand. It's a nice and cozy place. It takes a few seconds before I realize Josh has gotten up. I look behind me to see him pulling a blanket out from behind a rock.

"Do you always keep that here?" I ask curiously.

"Yep," he says as he walks back to me and sits down. He sits a little to close to me, but I don't tell him to move. He sets the blanket over us and my eyelids start to feel heavy. I don't even notice myself leaning into Josh as sleep becomes the main priority. That last thing I remember was glancing up at Josh to see his surprised face.

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

"Dani...Dani! DANI WAKE UP!" Josh shouts.

"Wha? No! I don't wanna" I say groggily. I snuggle closer to the pillow and try to fall back asleep.

I hear Josh chuckle and I feel my pillow shake. Why would my pillow be shaking? Is it laughing too? I open my eyes and look at my pillow in utter confusion. It doesn't look like a pillow. It looks like a chest. Darn it. I glance up and realize that it's josh. This might be the most embarrassing moment ever. Its gets worse when I realize we're both lying down. I quickly jump up.

"Sorry," I mutter. "How long was I out?"

"About 45 minutes," he shrugs.

"What? Why didn't you wake me?!" I ask.

"You look cute when you sleep. And you seemed tired," Josh responds.

"Oh..." I say, feeling a blush coming on.

"C'mon," Josh says as he folds up the blanket and puts it away. "I'll take you home,"

"More like I'll take you home. You don't have a car so I'll have to drop you of," I point out.

"Hm," he says as he frowns and puts his finger to his chin. "I don't believe that I like that. I think I will take you home, then I'll just crash at your place. It'll be perfect," Josh replies.

"What? No!" I say. He can't stay at my house.

"Why? Is your mom home?"

"Well no but-"

"Then it's settled," he says and saunters over to the car.

"No," I reply hopping in the passenger side.

"Yes,"

"No,"

Yes!"

"No!"

"..............yes,"

I throw my hands up in frustration and give in.

"Fine! Whatever! You’re sleeping on the couch!" I say moodily.

"What? You can't tell me where I'm going to sleep. And plus, I have back issues," he says nonchalantly.

I gape at him.

"No 17 year old boy has back issues," I reply.

"True, but I'm still not sleeping on the couch,"

"Fine, you can take the floor," I say with a small smile.

"No, I think I'll sleep in your bed tonight," he says with a smirk.

"What? No! Where am I going to sleep?" I say.

"You can sleep on the couch. Or maybe you can take the floor. It's a pretty tough decision," Josh says, clearly amused with my reaction.

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

I'm changing into my pajamas as I wait for Josh to get out of the bathroom. After I change, I wait outside the bathroom. Finally he gets out. When I see what he’s wearing, or more like what he's not a huge blush heats up my face.

"What? Does my hotness surprise you?" Josh smirks, standing there in only boxers.

"Shut up." I respond. "This is so wrong,"

"Why?" Josh asks.

"Because I have a boyfriend," I say immediately feeling guilty.

"Not for long," he smiles than quickly changes his response when I shoot him a menacing glare. "It's not like we are doing anything."

I sigh and shake my head.

5 minutes later I am out of the bathroom. I walk to my room and notice that Josh turned the lights off. Then I see a manly figure lying under the covers in my bed. No way, he's not getting away with this. I walk over to the bed and start throwing punches at him like there's no tomorrow.

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Its 1:30 and I'm lying awake on the hard lumpy couch. I toss and turn but nothing makes it better. Finally, I get up. I can't take this anymore! I sneak up to my room and slowly open the door. I silently pad across my room and carefully examine the sleeping body that is sprawled out across my bed. After a couple seconds, I grab his arm and one of his legs and yank him onto the floor. I hear a satisfying thud before quickly seizing my opportunity and hopping into my bed. I peek down at the floor and realize that Josh is still sound asleep. Wow, he's a heavy sleeper alright. That might come in handy someday...I notice that my eyes have trailed down to his perfect abs than slap myself. Ow. I rub the cheek that I slapped. I chuckle at my stupidity and lay my head down. Sleep quickly overcomes me and I fall into a deep sleep.

======================================================================

Wow! That took a while!

I added a song ( All Time Low of course) and you should totally check it out.

I couldn't decide to add Break Out! Break Out!, The Girl's a Straight Up Hustler, or Vegas as the song for this chapter but I finally decided on Vegas.

Ok well I hope you like this chapter! I spent a lot of time on it.

Please comment and vote! It'd make my day!

Luv ya! <3 :D