Two Games At Once

Start from the beginning

“Been there, done that.” I winked jokingly and she giggled, as we split, “Whose batting first?” I ask as Jack passes me, smirking, “Since us guys bat all the time, in the privacy of our rooms.” This makes my nose scrunch up in disgust, and I shove his back with my foot.

“Guy’s bat first, whose bowling?” Sam grabs the ball as I hold my hand up, she throws it and I catch it, smiling, “Shall we?” Chris grabs the bat and grins, “One on one baby, just the way I like it.” I see Jack roll his eyes, as I pout coyly back, “But little old I against a big tough man like you? How will I ever cope?”

“I sense you’re the type of girl, that’s full of surprises.”

“If you two could stop flirting and get back to the damn game.” Jack growls in annoyance as I raise my eyebrow at him, he flicks the hair off his forehead, not meeting my eyes so I shrug, ignoring Sam’s giggle and Becky’s sly grin at the other girls behind me.

I purse my lips in concentration and throw the ball, as Chris hits it easily, beginning to run around to first base, dropping the bat. Chrissy is already off and catches the ball, pegging it back to Sam who catches it and places her foot on the first base.

Chris groans and I laugh, “I can sense this game will be repetitive.” And sure enough it was we had gotten Luda and Tyler out in the next two runs, as Tyrone steps up to the plate, looking really confident before Jack stops him, “I’ll take your turn; just in case I get out… you can take it home.”

Tyrone nods in response, handing him the bat as I roll my shoulders, Jack adjusts his tall lanky body and flicks the piece of hair off his forehead. I am sort of stunned by his beauty but I shake it off and throw the ball quickly, he hits it and it flies through the air.

Chrissy is there and about to throw it in five seconds before his foot hits second base already. I am shocked, he’s crazy fast; I think he’d give Edward Cullen a run for his money. He’s off to third as Chrissy throws it to Sam, who catches it but he’s already on the way to home.

My heart pumps as I call out, “Pass!” she throws it to me without hesitation, and I’ve caught it, running toward home bass. I reach out to tag him when we collide, making him grab my arms and we’ve both fallen to the floor loudly.

I groan in pain as I realise, his knee is digging into my thigh and my hand is against his chest, stopping him from falling on me. I open my eyes, to see his green ones only four centimetres from mine as my heart stops, my breathing hitches and the blood underneath my fingertips pulses.

Everything is silent as I watch his eyes trace my features, taking in every crinkle, curve and fleck, as I become subconscious, pulling my hand back from his chest as I glance down to his knee.

“Tag.” I hit his shoulder with the ball as he smiles slightly, amusement flashing through his eyes, “No Button, I think safe is a better word for it.” I blink at him confusedly as he glances up to his right hand, I follow his gaze and gape, his hand is flat on the base we made and it’s been there since we fell.

“You have got to be kidding me,” I breathed in surprise as he lowers his head that much more, so that his breath is teasingly blowing against my lips, I stiffen completely at how daunting his red glistening lips look and the way his eyes are falling into mine.