Chapter 1 || Every story has a begining

Edited 15/5/16

I really hope you guys like this story! If you do, like and comment it really motivates me to update faster

Enjoy xx

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I remember that day as if it was only yesterday.

Racing home, kicking off my shoes and mentally preparing myself for a date scheduled for that very night, an event I had been waiting for, for a what seemed like an eternity. Luke was his name... A charming, hilarious co-student who I had been crushing on since kindergarten.

This night was to be one I would remember for the rest of my life, for reasons other then expected.

I danced around the empty house without a care in the world. I was so dumb, so naïve, oblivious of what to become of a once free willing, opportunity holding world. A beautiful place, although imperfect, it was our home.

A recent claim of supernatural creatures invading England had been spiralling the Internet, the online world that connected us all, a significant part of our society. Most believed the outrageous statements were false, a mere prank being pulled. I was one of them. England had stayed voiceless involving the rumours, leading foreigners to assume that everything was completely normal. Little did the human race know that the plans of the vampires were soon to unfold, bringing bloodshed, destruction and darkness along with them.

I felt a vibration from my pocket, signalling I had received a text from him. My spirits lifted, like I had swallowed butterflies and they were dancing in my stomach. That feeling was love... A joy-some, priceless sensation. Nowadays, love and true happiness is only a privilege.

Hey Ari. Sorry but the date has to be cancelled. Check the news, it's urgent. America is under attack. This may be the last time we talk. I love you, I always have. I wish you the best of luck.
Love, Luke.

Once I had read the text, my heart shattered into a million pieces, broken glass, motionless on the floor.

I trusted Luke, I knew he wasn't playing some sick joke on me.

I switched on the television. It conveniently broadcasted the news channel automatically.

"I'm Jessica Bridge reporting to you live from New York. Yes, the vampire uprising rumours are true and now, America is under attack. Most of us have lost hope on the U.S Military forces as unfortunately, the supernatural creatures have vanquished most of our remaining defences. We are unaware of what these beings are capable of so we urge you to take shelter, protect your family and loved ones for this may be the end..."

A shiver crawled down my spine, the remote that was sitting in my now sweaty palm fell to the floor with a soft thud. The repetitive action of inhaling and exhaling oxygen had stopped momentarily.

I watched as a rather attractive boy with dark hair and appealing facial features approached the female news reporter whose eyes were filled with pure terror. He snatched the microphone from her shaking hand and began to speak in a low, beastly tone.

"Hello people of America. You don't know me yet, but you will. You will respect and fear me. I am Lord Zayn Malik... Your lord that is. For thousands of years vampires have been in hiding, watching you idiotic humans care for the world poorly. It is time that we take back what is rightfully ours. If you dare, disobey me, or the other lords there will be consequences. If you try to escape you will be executed immediately."