"Your mother is going to be alright." She promised but I shook my head against her skin, "Hey-" She stopped me with another tear in her eyes. "She's going to be alright because both of us are going to be down there with her." She smiled.

I paused for a bit just to look at her. I was so mixed in understanding if she was mad love or just completely mad. I laughed finally, agreeing to Alana's plan.

"You want to-"

"Absolutely."

Then I kissed her, as simple as that I kissed my girlfriend with so much passion and heart. My hands squeezed her sides and cradled her waist. It was mad love, I was madly in love with this incredible woman. She cared for my family without even knowing them. I kept kissing her before I figured out the perfect way for us to travel down there together.

In this moment I knew Alana had to be mine, forever.

  [Charlotte Kendall]
Day 16

I woke up beside the dead fire pit again the next morning with Emma at my feet. She was curled into her oversize t-shirt that we found in the water from the wreck one day. Emma has worn it since the day her own shirt ripped entirely. She also cut her jeans into shorts like I had.

I sat up and itched at my sides. I was covered in dirt and red bumps from the grass imprints. Looking around everyone seemed to still be asleep including Brandon who should have had the last watch shift. I got up, peeling the dead leaves from my shins and knees before heading down the hill towards the stream. The closer I got to the stream the louder the water became. I walked under the trees and ducked inside the creek bed where the stream guided on through. To the left was the last hillside where the water trailed down a small quiet waterfall in order to reach the base of the island, the lagoon.

I missed getting cleaned off in the lagoon every morning, the water was so perfectly warm and fresh to drink too.

I walked north, up the stream and noticed the water widening. The stream's width was growing and shrinking on the inside as the water got deeper. I could clearly see through the water once noticing small tadpoles swimming south towards the waterfall. I kept walking and listening to the water. The farther I climbed up and over trees and bushes the louder the water became. Something nervous twitched inside my stomach once I came upon a massive splashing current. My eyes widened and the nervous feeling was released.

The small and quiet stream was connected to the third waterfall on this island and this one dropped hundreds of feet from the top of the mountain side. Underneath the large waterfall was a small lagoon shape that then shrunk into the size of the stream.

I bent down beside the water and decided to dip right in. I peeled my shirt from body and unzipped from my shorts before shimming out of my bathing suit to get completely cleaned off. I had no hesitation jumping right into the water and coming straight up from the immediate freeze. I gasped and laughed at myself throwing my hands up through my long curly hair and soaking up the cold water as much as possible.

The taste of it was so fresh and good. I hadn't had cold water like this in days and the freezing burn felt wonderful on my aches and cuts. The lagoon's water was fresh too of course and the open patch of trees allowed the sun to warm it up 24/7, making the taste hot.

I kept swimming for what felt like hours but it was only a couple of short minutes until a shuffling came from the trees. I turned around and kept quiet as the trees pulled back. Once Tyson appeared behind the bushes I squealed and ducked under the water leaving my head to float above.

"Jesus! Charlotte I'm so sorry!" Tyson spotted me and turned around covering his eyes before facing the dirt. Why does this keep happening to me? First Ashton now Tyson. . . Great.