Never Again

Nathan walked home with me one day after school and I invited him in. My dad was sat down on the sofa and as he saw Nathan his faced dropped. He couldn't even look me in the eye as Nathan went to shake his hand. He looked at him up and down as he hostily shook his hand. I sat down on the opposite sofa with Nathan as my dad started to fire questions at him. His hostile questions giving me the quiver as he asked some hurtful questions and the way they were asked made me feel like he wanted to break us instead of accept us. 

"So Nathan, is my daughter cheating on Jason with you or is it all a game to wind me up?"

"Dad, I told you it's over between me and Jason. He cheated on me dad and it hurt me inside to think I was with him, but Nathan cares about me so no it isn't a wind up. I love Nathan and I am not leaving him for anything. Even you."

My dad stood up and grabbed Nathan. He threw him out of the house as he shouted "YOU WILL NEVER SEE HER EVER AGAIN". I collapsed crying on the floor as he walked back in. 

"AND I MEAN THAT YOUNG LADY. YOU MUST NEVER SPEAK TO HIM OR EVEN MENTION HIS NAME AGAIN. YOU UNDERSTAND ME? NOW GO TO YOUR ROOM AND STAY THERE TILL YOU LEARN THAT JASON IS RIGHT FOR YOU."

I ran straight up to my room and slammed the door shut. I couldn't hold myself up any longer as I collapsed down on the floor in floods of tears. It felt like hours that I was sat there but really it was much less than that. I heard my phone go as I leaned over to get it off the floor. I looked at the ID and saw the one person that I wanted to be with lit up the screen. 

Text Message.

Nathan- Baby. don't listen to what he wants, what did he say to you baby. xxx

Me-He told me that I could never see you again. I don't want that Nath, it's you I want not Jason. xxx

Nathan-I know baby. We just need to hold on and fight okay. Just do as he says but let me still text you while I think of a plan. I know it's hard but can you sneak out on Saturday night for the cinema like we planned. xxx

Me-I can try, I have the balcony so I can climb down that but I will have to sneak past my parent's room. xxx

Nathan-Okay. Just stay strong okay. I love you. xxx

Me-I love you too. xxx

I was called down to dinner by my mum but I brought my phone down with me. I sat at the table next to my mum and opposite my dad. 

"How was your day then pumpkin?"

"Yeah it was fine I guess." I said in a whisper. I just wanted this dinner to end. I didn't want to be in the same place as my dad. I couldn't bare to look at him. It hurts me so much to think he hates Nathan but preferes Jason. The boy who cheated on me then tried to rape me. Why him? 

"Honey, are you okay?" My mum piped up as I hardly touched my dinner.

"Are you not feeling well?" My mum continued with the questions.

"Not really mum." 

"Go and get tucked up in bed okay. I will come and check your temperature okay."

"Yeah."

I just left my place and headed for bed. I put on the PJ'S that Nathan had got me and crawled into bed. I didn't say a word to anyone as I lay in the darkness with a tissue in one hand and Nathan's jumper in another. My mum came in to check on me but as I rolled over she saw the tears in my eyes.

"Tell me what's wrong?"

"Dad hates Nathan. He preferes Jason to him and he told me that I could never see Nathan again."

I collapsed into the comfort of my pillow as my mum rubbed my back. I hated feeling like this and my mum hated seeing me upset.

"Honey, look at me."

I turned around and gazed into my mother's eyes.

"Don't give up on him. I know you won't. You will both get through this. Don't listen to him okay."

"Yeah okay, and if you see a shaddow or two then it's me or Nathan okay. Im going to have to sneak out and see him. Is that okay?"

"It will have to be wont it?"

"Yep"

I curled up and fell asleep with my head resting on Nathan's jumper. I shouldn't have to fight to be with him. Should I?