Baxter's Gambit: Part 2

Alyssa's POV:

By now, Baxter's gotten to the point in his story where he was expelled from school.

Baxter Stockman: *via intercom* "And I built a science fair volcano, but with actual molten lava. Burnt down the whole gymnasium.-*laughs*-I was expelled. And I vowed revenge on those who wronged me."

Mikey: "You poor, poor man."

Then, a laser emerges from the ground ahead of us and fires at us as we dodge, and I slice it into pieces. But then, more lasers show up and prepare to fire at us as they and the floor spin. We dodge the lasers while staying upright on solid ground as we charge ahead and destroy the lasers.

3rd Person POV:

Raph: "Tell me, Xever. What's a nice fish like you doing with a guy like Shredder?"

Fishface: "In many ways, it's all I've ever known. At a young age, I learned a very simple rule: You want something, you take it. I was the best thief until, one day, my luck ran out. They would have left me to rot there. Fortunately, the owner of that briefcase found my skills useful."

Raph: "Shredder."

Fishface: "Yes. And he employed me for many of the foot's dirtier jobs. Most recently, the destruction of you, your brothers, and your Sensei."

Raph: "So you do all this because you owe Shredder?"

Fishface: "Eh, mostly I like having a job where I get to crack skulls every day."

Raph: "Ok, I can relate to that."

Fishface: "Yes. We are of a kind, you and I. And Alyssa, as well, yes?"

Raph: "Maybe. But there is one difference that comes to mind."

Fishface: "Oh?"

Raph stops dead in his tracks as he glares at Fishface.

Raph: "I wouldn't have let her get on that plane."

Fishface stops and turns toward Raph with a stern look.

Fishface: "Careful what you say about things you know so little about."

Raph: "Explain it to me, then. Please explain to me why, after a lifetime of loyalty to you and your cause, you threw away your only daughter. What, was she not good enough for you? Did you not care? Did you not lo-"

Fishface tackles Raph to the ground with a snarl as he growls.

Fishface: "I was not the one who sent her away."

Raph: "No, you're just the one who let her go."

At that, Fishface relents and lets Raph get back onto his feet.

Raph: "What happened that day? I know Shredder was upset Ally lost to Karai, but how does one loss outweigh what your daughter means to you?"

Fishface stays silent for a beat before sighing and looking back on that fateful day.

{Flashback}

Xever has his head lowered as he kneels before Shredder.

Xever: "Master Shredder, please! She is just a child! Eh, she still has much to learn."

Shredder: "If you cannot get her up to Karai's skill level in 9 years, there is nothing more for me to teach her. Even if there were, after today's disappointment, I doubt she'd put it to good use. She is of no use to me anymore."