Chapter 19:A break up is always heart crushing

Everyone made their way to the destination at their own pace. As they formed a circle, Diluc was the first one to speak.

Diluc:Everyone is finally here.

Paimon:What a view...

Paimon looked in awe at the view that can be seen from such a high place. While it was a good view, Kumagawa had his eyes elsewhere.

Namely, the minus was staring at the frozen mountain in the distance. So that means that Mondsdtat is the closest to Snezhnaya...How ironic.

Venti:Lovely for a fated reunion, isn't it? Well, we must be prepared for a fight.

Jean:Regardless of the outcome, things finally seem to be taking a turn for the better. Mondstadt has really been going through so much recently...

Diluc:Huh! In the end, the solution to our problem was as simple as teo travelers and a song. I suppose the Knights of Favonius may have played a part in it too...

Kumagawa:[Incredible! This truly is a legendary emd of an legendary quest! What incredible character development!]

Diluc:I said may have

Venti:Oh, we get it, Master Diluc... Everyone, please step aside! I, the best wandering bard of the mortal world, shall begin my performance with the Holy Lyre.

Venti stepped forward until he arrived at the very edge of the cliff. With a solemn face, his fingers mastefuly played at the strings of the lyre.

As the sing carried through the winds the earth began shaking. Finally, a boom of wind blew as a large scaly body flew from all the way down.

Dvalin made his appearence, flying in front of them with his eyes fixated on Venti. The first thing Kumagawa took notice of was the sharp dark spike growing from the back of the dragon's neck.

Kumagawa:[I see...]

Dvalin:You have come...What has been done cannot be undone...

Venti:If so, then why do I see sadness in your eyes? Sadness that speaks of your yearning for this song...

Dvalin:Grr...

Jean:They are...Communicating...Huh?

Jean was amazed by hiw smoothly their attemp of talking things out was going. However, she noticed something out of the corner of her eye.

From behind Dvalin, a white flash made it's way straight to Venti. As it reached him a cold smoke settled in the air, covering the bard's form.

Paimon:No! Tone-Deaf Bard!

When the smoke settled it revealed that Venti was unharmed. Instead, a wall of screws was in front of the bard, having shielded him from the attack.

Venti:Right in the nick of time, my friend.

Kumagawa:[Haha, I don't think we should throw thanks around just yet. It seems we have a party crasher.

A small floating body was beside Dvalin, white and dark blue robes together with white fur covering it's body. On it's face was a dark blue mask with bright blue orbs for eyes, this being also being covered by an spheric shield of pure Cryo energy. This was what is known as a Cryo Abyss Mage.

Cryo Abyss Mage:Do not be fooled by him, dear dragon...He left you to rot alone...Now he attempts to deceive you once more...

Dvalin:Barbatos...

Cryo Abyss Mage:Let your wrath fester! Mondstadt has already turned its back on you!

The Cryo Abyss Mage yelled loudly, fanatically even. This was made only worse by Dvalin's loud roars of rage

Dvalin:You! You were planning this all along?To have me slain by them?

Venti:It's not like that!

Cryo Abyss Mage:The time has come for the dragon to serve its true master...While you bewail your pathetic selves. And watch the world tremble with fear!

Venti:Dvalin...

However, Venti's cries fell upon deaf ears. The Cryo Abyss mage cackled madly on Dvalin's back as the dragon roared once again, flying away without a second thought.

Venti's eyes faced the ground. It was clear that this failure had brought despair within the Anemo God's heart.

Jean:Barbat...Venti, please, be careful...

Venti:Hehe... You've known my true identity for some time now, haven't you Jean?

Venti regained his composture. His eyes looked on with the travelers he had asked help from.

Venti:You three don't look to be shaken up by the news either.

Paimon:Actually, Kumagawa had already figured you out from tge beggining.

Lumine:It was only a matter of time before you'd sell yourself out.

Venti:I see...You truly posses an terrifying insight.

Kumagawa:[Ah, I seem to get a lot of compliments today. It must be my lucky day.]

Diluc:How's the Holy Lyre? Can it still be played? Or does it need to be repaired?

Venti:Wow...I'm going to be honest, if that attack landed than the Holy Lyre would've been useless. However, thanks to Kumagawa's quick thinking, it's still very much usable.

Kumagawa:[Either way, we need a new plan. First order of bussiness is to find our floating homewrecker.]

Lumine:Hm, but Dvalin is in a lot of danger too...

Kumagawa:[You noticed that thing growing out of his neck. It'd be hard to get rid of it with the mage around, so we should take it one step at the time.]

Lumine:Now that you say it...That must be how they control him.

Kumagawa:[So we should target the mage first. It'd make thimgs a lot easier.]

Diluc:You're right. If we don't fight the evil at its source, then we can't save Dvalin at all.

Kumagawa:[Venti-chan, I can see your heart is broken. Fourtunately, I know a way to fix that.]

Jean:Um...I don't think we have the time for therapy now...

Kumagawa:[Haha! Don't be rodiculous, Jean-chan! No, you have to find out the source of it all, rip out their heart and tear it apart as you watch them draw their last breath.]

Jean:That is...Concerning.

Venti:But it does sound like a fitting solution to our problem.

Diluc:I agree.

Jean sighed, seeing as she was alone in it. Kumagawa's extremist views aside, that does sound like a fairly good plan.

Jean:In which case I shall call upon Outrider Amber to track it down...

Diluc:No need.

Jean:Why is that?

Diluc:I eradicated one not long ago, in one of the Four Winds' temples.

Paimon:What!? When...

Diluc:If you want to track those monsters down, then I'll seek answers from my contacts. I've got other means for getting the job done.

Paimon: Diluc...Though he dislikes the Knights of Favonius, he protects Mondstadt in his own way.

Paimon whispered to her two friends so that Diluc wouldn't haer her. What she got in return was a nod of Lumine's head and a shrug of Kumagawa's shoulders.

Venti: Ooh? Why does our little Paimon sound so doting all of a sudden?

Diluc: Hmph.

Paimon averted her gaze at the sound. Looks like Diluc's hering is sharper than she thought.

Diluc:Wait for my word. I'll be sure to let the Abyss Order know that their blatant disregard for Mondstadt...Will not go unpunished.