20.

Angel Reese-Johnson
________

"You didn't have to buy all this, Jaeuh" I said over the phone while looking at the gifts she got me

"But you're my mommy, and it's your birthday month. Momma you're getting old" she laughed catching me off guard

"You got some damn nerve" I laughed a little bit, "I can't wait till it's your turn, and you gone be taking care of me"

"I know, but you are getting old though" she repeated before I looked at her through the camera

"I'm not old yet"

"Sure" she said sarcastically, "But I was gonna get the white purse, but got red. You like that one?"

"Yes, and I'm actually happy you got red. I don't have no red purses in my collection. So, thank you, you must really love your momma"

"I do" she smiled causing me to smile too

My baby has grown into a beautiful young lady. She is just so pretty, I'm in love with my creation.

I have my own real life full sized doll baby. She literally looks like a doll baby to me, and I'm so infatuated by it.

Her features go crazy.

I don't care, I'm obsessed with my own kid. It's been like that since she was born, and it's never gone change.

"How much you paid for everything?" I asked while looking at everything she got me

"A lot"

"You know your card connected to mine, I'm gonna go look. Besides that, what you down there buying?"

"Mainly food, and I go to the outlet with my friend sometimes. I'm gonna be honest, I be buying her stuff som —" I cut her off because she really lost her mind

"What the fuck you buying shit for people for?" I asked genuinely needing to know

"Because momma, I don't know that's the right thing to do" I was just looking at her like she was crazy, "What?"

"You don't have no friends down there, so I'm confused. What's your problem, what are you really down there doing?"

"I literally just met a friend, and we just be together everyday. She wanted me to buy her s —"

"Stop doing what people want you to do, Au'jaeuh. It don't work like that, learn to say no" I sighed before shaking my head

"Bu —"

"No, do you understand me?"

"Yes" she said before I sighed frustratedly

I had to hang up with her because she really just irritated me. That's what happens when you raise your kids to be so softhearted.

She too nice and don't know how to say no. That's part of the reason why she in Baltimore now — cause she can't say no.

My biggest fear is people using my child for what she got. She won't even realize it cause she's so good natured and naive.

She see the good in everybody, it's ridiculous.

They're gonna play in her face every time. Not only that, but she only been there for a few weeks. Whoever she think her friend is ain't her friend.

It's a difference between knowing of somebody and knowing somebody. Whoever this girl is, she just know of her.

I went to go look at her transaction history before completely turning her card off. Since Jaeuh is a minor, her account is connected to me and Flau'jae's.