Chapter 12

The audience was completely silent, so quiet that you could hear a pin drop.

Pei Yi immediately added fuel to the fire. He tightly grasped the corner of Bo Yueming’s clothing and turned to the Pei couple with an expression of resistance. “I won’t go back, don’t hit me!”

“Xiao Yi, you…..”

Pei Ruzhang’s explanation was suddenly interrupted, and he felt unspeakably aggrieved!

Over the years, he had used Pei Yi to hold up the scene, and didn’t expect to be torn down by the other party again and again.

A slight smile flashed through Bo Yueming’s eyes, and he let Pei Yi play.

This person could always seize the right time to counterattack or assist. What foolishness? Where was he stupid? If this was not deliberately hiding cleverness, he was naturally black-bellied.

In just a few seconds, the corners of Pei Yi’s eyes reddened in fear, and his voice trembled softly. He didn’t go crazy and lose his composure like he usually did, but inexplicably made people feel a little pitying and distressed.

The guests looked at each other in blank dismay, and the suspicion in their hearts surged up again—

Look at the way Little Young Master Pei was hiding in fear, look at the embarrassment on the faces of the Pei couple. It could be reckoned that the rumor about them secretly instigating the nanny to abuse their nephew was true!

Since Second Young Master Bo dared to ask the question to their faces, he must know the inside story and was unable to bear it!

“……”

Noticing the changing atmosphere, Old Mr. Bo, who was the host of the banquet, felt his dissatisfaction rise to a higher degree.

He glanced at his second son, Bo Lihong, who was silent beside him, and vaguely exhorted, “Look at the good son you have taught!”

He didn’t care what kind of life Pei Yi lived at the Pei residence. He only knew that it was his birthday banquet and Pei Ruzhang and his wife were guests. How could guests be blamed? This was clearly slapping him in the face!

“Dad.”

Bo Lihong frowned, but didn’t make a sound.

When Bo Yueming appeared back then, he and his current wife had many conflicts over the matter. His romantic love history had become a topic of conversation behind the scenes of the Imperial Capital circle for a long time!

Bo Lihong didn’t like this son who bore no resemblance to him. Besides, the other party was raised by the Old Lady, and the father-son relationship between them was as weak as one between strangers.

In less than half a minute, the atmosphere had reached the freezing point.

Finally, a voice broke the deadlock. “Second Young Master, everyone, don’t misunderstand. It was the nanny’s audacity, and when her misfortune was exposed that day, she only thought of shirking responsibility.”

Pei Huan stepped forward to meet everyone’s gazes, admitting the nanny’s mistakes on behalf of his parents. “Xiao Yi is usually well-behaved, and doesn’t like to speak up when he is wronged. Of course, we family members are also to blame for our negligence to observe this, and the nanny took advantage of the loophole.”

Pei Ruzhang moved the stiffening corners of his mouth and quickly followed his son’s words, “Yes, it is my negligence as an elder that caused Xiao Yi to be wronged and afraid.”