Chapter 3

Pei Yi had already guessed this would happen, and looked at the nanny, Chen Rong, who was still in a daze at the door. “Where is my jade pendant?”

“…….”

There seemed to be an invisible undercurrent surging in those usually timid eyes, and Cheng Rong was subconsciously frightened. “Little Young Master, what are you talking about?”

There was a cold arc at the corners of Pei Yi’s mouth. He could see it better than anyone else—

The original owner’s father was once the most valued son of the old Pei couple. After he passed away unexpectedly in the early years, the original owner, who was still in his infancy, was raised under the knees of Old Mr. and Mrs. Pei.

When he was young, the original owner was also a clever child in the wealthy circle of the Imperial capital, until he was ten years old and became a fool due to an accident. After treatment failed, he had fits one after another and became a big joke.

Old Father Pei, who always cared about face, became cold toward his grandson and simply tossed him aside and avoided seeing him.

But the soft-hearted Old Mrs. Pei couldn’t bear it. She took good care of the original owner’s three meals a day, and if there was something valuable and good, she would give it to him in the hopes that he could return to normal one day.

It was a pity that heaven failed to fulfill people’s wishes.

Old Mrs. Pei was hospitalized due to illness, and since then, the original owner had completely lost his place in the family. Even the nanny Chen Rong  began to have a treacherous heart—

In the name of taking care of the original owner, she first embezzled Old Mrs. Pei’s private money left to supplement the original owner during her hospitalization. When the other party got sick and died without financial subsidies, she began to pick up items from the original owner’s room.

She either sold them for money to supplement her family, or stole them to give to her precious son. Even if someone asked, she would only say that the Little Young Master lost them.

This person was simply a weasel kept at home!

Cheng Rong, who was standing at the door, felt guilty under Pei Yi’s unblinking gaze.

The jade pendant that the other party had been wearing around his neck was given by Old Mrs. Pei a few years ago, and looked very valuable. Chen Rong had never found the right time to steal it, but today she actually discovered—

The other party had left the jade pendant on the bed before changing clothes and going out?

Could this be done?

Thus, taking advantage of everyone’s lack of attention, Chen Rong took the jade pendant back to her room. She planned to take it out and sell it when she had time, but how could she have known that Pei Yi would ask about it as soon as he entered the room?

Pei Yi calmly questioned, “Where is my jade pendant?”

“What jade pendant?” Nanny Chen Rong denied it. “I didn’t see any jade pendant!”

She thought that Pei Yi was just trying to put on a brave face momentarily, and came forward to blame him first, “You’re asking me about something you lost?”

“That jade pendant was given to you by the old man! Yelling so loudly, do you want him to find out too?”

Pei Yi didn’t speak. The ridicule in his eyes became more obvious.

One second, she lied and said she didn’t know anything, but the next, she knew that the jade pendant was a gift from Old Father Pei. The truth had already been leaked!