8) Euphrosyne

Euphrosyne

Goddess of good cheer, joy, and mirth.

When there was ever a luxury to sit back and let the hurt seep within? When was there ever a time to roll on a side and let the breathy moans escape as the anxiety ricochets the lower rib, when the throat is jammed and it becomes impossible to swa...

When there was ever a luxury to sit back and let the hurt seep within? When was there ever a time to roll on a side and let the breathy moans escape as the anxiety ricochets the lower rib, when the throat is jammed and it becomes impossible to swallow, is there any time to cough back and let the reflexes take over? Wouldn't wiping cuts and nursing an old wound take time? Why there was no provision for an additional breath? An additional moment to fall weak and sit coiled in a corner?

Was there any time at all?

An hour? If not that, a minute?

Was there even a second to look back and think what all could have gone wrong? Was there ever a second to regret? Mourn even?

Was there anything she had?

Why with all the money at her disposal, she still had no time to sit and feel for her burning wounds?

To drop and feel the slap.

To let the insult seep and eyes burn.

To breathe and think about an end.

Wasn't this life supposed to be simple? Why could the world not stop and start again, all at the same time? Why it couldn't slip back in time and fade away, like her wishes, her leisure, and those dreams she once had dearly held? Why could she not want to stay and stop? Why moving around, conquering, and leaving so necessary?

Why fighting was this important? And if it was, winning shouldn't be expected.

Winning shouldn't be mandatory, but it was.

To survive, for another breath, another second of dominance, and another day of staying alive.

If it wasn't, she would have stayed inside that cabinet. Starved, screaming, and scared for her life.

If it wasn't, she would have never returned from the crossroads she was dumped on.

If it wasn't, she would have taken hits after hits. No voice to be escaped, no tear to be let out, and never the wounds were to be left uncovered.

If it wasn't, she would never sit between these people, moderating a meeting. Shooting orders, negotiating millions, and settling only on the highest bid.

If it wasn't, she, Yugantika Iyengar wouldn't have existed.

"Miss Iyengar," Sephora looked uncomfortable at the change of events, glancing between her fiancé and her other partner, she took minutes to continue. "I am afraid this will be a deal breaker for us."

"My regret is that it is a deal breaker for me too." She pursed her lips with mock understanding. Letting the inquisitive eyes of Tushar stay on her side.