15

Delhi, INDIA

Riddhan stared at the copy of the document in his palm. Hiral Kashyap was pregnant. He hadn't known. His gaze further darted to the file that rested on his desk. It consisted of everything about her life. From her school to the little minute details about her and her family.

His head ran to every possibility of how he could use the information. He already had a plan, but there were chances that it would ruin the world for her. But what could be done, in the bigger battles, often the pawns are sacrificed for the king to pave.

"What are you thinking Riddhan?" Rajat asked him from the opposite table.

"There is going to be a problem in this plan if she decides to challenge us in the court, it's over for us, instead of solving this for us, we will be bringing more trouble upon ourselves"

Rajat looked at him for a brief moment before looking away. And he really thought that maybe Riddhan was finding it difficult to ruin the life of Hiral Kashyap like that. Of course, he wouldn't blink walking over her like dead meat.

"And what if she gets the tests done again, what if she is not as alone as we think she would be" Rajat added further.

"We need to understand the family dynamics better for this, from the smell of it, the family doesn't really look appreciative of her decision, but we will be able to only capitalize if they really give up on her"

"She is pregnant Riddhan and she had caused us no harm" Rajat tried to hide his hesitation.

"It doesn't matter Rajat. She is our only bet"

"To be frank, I really don't understand why you are doing this, we are anyways winning the case, Abhishek Thakur holds no evidence that you were involved in the murder, the case was closed a while back and they couldn't find anything, it was a machine error, there was no way anyone could be involved, she burned because the door malfunctioned— and even when they tried to buy off your regular mechanic they couldn't because in the camera you got down from the same door few minutes back, the footage is clear. Are we not messing this up unnecessarily?"

Riddhan didn't answer.

He knew he was winning. But he had bigger reasons to do what he was doing.

When no response came, Rajat swallowed the bile down his throat. No matter how hard he tried, he never gave it all away. Rajat wanted to dissect his con— way before anyone could and extort more out of this situation. "And moreover what if Hiral Kashyap decides to flip later but not give in to our demands"

"She will."

"How are you so sure?"

"She would have no option."

"Again how are you so sure?"

"Her weakness is greater than her strength. Maybe we are wrong in assuming that her people will turn on her, but I can't be wrong in knowing that she would detect her people to turn on her. I have met her. Twice. Thrice. There is one consistent thing about that woman, she is grieving and she doubts the intentions of everyone around her. Again, human nature." He shrugged, "But here's my bet, she doesn't seem like a flimsy girl, notorious and unaware—rather someone who is too aware at this point. Rest we can only throw the bait"

Rajat couldn't believe the man in front of him. And for the nth time in his life, he felt jealous of his brain. This man was excellent. From the outside everything might seem like over-confidence but in reality, it was not. He always turned right about the people. On instinct, he could call a sheep a sheep and a snake a snake.

"And what if everything goes wrong? What if people find out our role here?"

"How much money is the lab guy asking?"