Chapter 24

Tom's pov;

''What is it, that you wanted to tell me so badly?'' I asked as I stepped away from him in an alleyway, ''Why do you do this to me? I called dibs first.'' He huffed and then hickuped, pathetic, ''So it is about her, why do you care anyway? You're ready to hit any angle with any girl from Hogwarts, why Y/N is so important?'' I asked as I took a cigarette from the chest pocket of my vest and a lighter with it. ''She's different.'' He said and looked down at his muddy boots. ''That's all?'' I asked sarcastically as the toxic smoke exited my lungs, he stayed quiet lowered his head.

''Dolohov, go to the dorms.'' I said and left the alleyway. I turned back for a moment, ''And take a shower.'' I finished and threw my cigarette in a puddle next to me. The nerve of the guy, 'she's different' amusing of him to say, every girl is 'deferent' to him, it can be partly blamed on his deep childhood trauma, the other part, he's just an idiot and full of delusions.

I stepped into the bouquet where I saw Y/N go in, it was an antique shop, she was in one of the farthest corners, looking at some random items.

''Hey stranger.'' I said as I stood behind her, she jumped a bit and quickly turned around, ''You scared me.'' She smiled and pushed my shoulder, my facial expression hardened, ''We should head back, it'll rain soon.'' I said as I turned to face the entrance of the shop, ''How about the place you wanted to show me?'' she asked as she came up next to me. ''You'll just have to wait.'' I smirked and opened the door for her.

A few moments passed after we were back on the grounds and the heaviest rain started pouring, ''Good timing Riddle.'' She said as she took off My blazer and gave it back to me. ''Tom'' I replied as I took it back. ''Sorry.'' She spoke up after a moment, we were silent all the way to her dorm.

''Thanks for showing me Hogsmeade.'' Y/N said as we were standing in her doorway, there was nothing more I wanted then just to run away and throw up and die in a dark corner because of the things I was feeling at the given moment. ''It was my pleasure.'' My voice shook a bit as I spoke. ''I'll see you later, Tom.'' The way she said my name was filled with the slightest mockery and cheekiness, quite frankly it was just too much for me to handle, I took her hand, pecked it lightly and waked away. I heard her door close and I exhaled a breath I was holding, definitely can't kill her now, ''Shit.'' I whispered.

I went to my private dormitory room straight into the en suite to take a shower in attempts to wash off my feelings as well. Me feeling any kind of way was making me feel sick and dirty like a pig who's lying in a pool of mud.

Y/N'S Pov:

I leaned against the now closed door, spending time with Riddle definitely is not supposed to feel this pleasant. I took my shoes off and the turtleneck was chocking me. I took my hair out of the bun a massaged my scalp for a bit, what in the world was happening, now I definitely know that there is wrong with either me or Riddle.

Now that I recall, there was a moment before we left the bakery, I thought I saw the real him, just for a moment though. It feels like he's a jerk on the outside only, but it feels like we truly connected, I went in to take a shower, I just don't want to feel delusional.

The next day rolled around and I went to the Great hall for breakfast, I sat down next to Pansy, who was sitting right in front of Tom, I smiled at him, but he just gave me a dead zombie type of look, like he hasn't slept in weeks or like he has been on the muggle drug morphine for years. I dismissed his condition and ate my breakfast in silence, after I went to my dorm to finish up with my homework as tomorrow is Monday.

It was still raining since yesterday and when I opened the window I could hear the wind whistling, the room filled with the freshest air known to mankind and I just stood there, by the window with my eyes closed and just allowing the smell of rain to let me levitate.

It made me think about France for a moment, that one time me and my brother took a train to Normandy, the Northwestern shore.

The beach there was rough and rocky and the wind was so strong, no sun and a bit of a sprinkler of rain, even though it was the middle of July. The water there was ice cold, we had the intention of going for a swim before we left the train station in Paris, but even air by the shore was laced with ice and salt, the air cleared my sinuses like nothing else compared. Sometimes I think about how my and Francis's life would be if my parents were still here, how that day by the shore would've looked like if we were there as a family, would I still be the same as now if my parents didn't leave?

I closed that stupid window.