Chapter 9

Tom Riddle's pov: It has been three years since the last time I saw Y/N, she was leaving the orphanage to move to France, I'm assuming. There is something off putting about her, I don't know what it is, but it's a good thing she left, we are too similar, she knows when I'm lying, but I can't tell when she is, which is not really convenient for me.

Her friend Rachel, she was sorted in to Gryffindor, later I found out that she's a muggle born, it won't be a pity to kill her. Rachel is at the top of every class, after me of course.

Since I found out that I'm the heir of Slytherin, I have been trying to find enough students, who are stupid enough to do everything I tell them to do. The Malfoys were an easy target, as soon as they heard that I'm an ancestor to Salazar Slytherin, they welcomed me in to their home without a second thought. After that all of Abraxas Malfoy's friends were also mine, a few months in to the friendships, all of them started following me like lost puppies, waiting for my next command, except Antonin Dolohov, he is not as dumb as I thought he is, that is why he is my adviser and not my servant. Me and Dolohov have been looking for some information about Salazar Slytherin, things like his work, his biography and unaccomplished plans. A few days ago, I found out about the chamber of secrets and the basilisk in it, my hatred for muggles, mud bloods and half-bloods has never been stronger, only I express the hate in secret as I plot how to get rid of them, and not publicly, because I care about my reputation and the professor's thoughts of me.

Right now, I'm eating breakfast at the Slytherin table with Dolohov next to me, Lestrange and Malfoy in front of me. As we all were talking about class and professors, the owl mail flew through the window and the owls started dropping all the letters, howlers and newspapers, a daily prophet right on top of Dolohov's food, ''I can't believe you read that thing.'' I said as I stabbed the food on my plate. ''My mother made the subscription, I have no power over this.'' He said as he pointed to the newspaper huffing, I looked at the first page and saw a photo of the person I had no pleasure in seeing, all I did was furrow my eyebrows and turn back to my plate of food, ''Is this the girl you guys were talking about yesterday?'' Dolohov asked the two boys in front of me. ''Yup, and in all her glory, isn't she beautiful?'' Lestrange said as he looked at Malfoy, ''She goes to Beauxbatons, of course Y/N is a true beauty, and the thought of her being a pureblood, makes me want for her to go to Hogwarts.'' Malfoy replied as he took the newspaper, ''Why do you like her so much?'' I asked in a voice full of hatred. ''Have you seen her? '' Malfoy asked as he turned the photo of her for me to see, I looked at it without emotion and turned away, ''Do you know her?'' Dolohov asked me, ''I used to go to the same orphanage as her, but that is all.'' I said not even looking at him, ''It says here, that she is talented at everything she does, especially potions and dark arts, and it also says that she is one of the youngest honorary students in Beauxbatons.'' Dolohov said as he scanned the paper, ''She is definitely the most beautiful one.'' Lestrange said smiling, ''I heard a girl talking in a hallway, supposedly she's Y/N's best friend, she was talking about how, Y/N is concerned about the fact that she'll have to transfer schools once her brother Francis is of age to go to Hogwarts.'' Lestrange said as he finished eating. I looked at him like he has gone mad, ''What?'' I asked as I looked at him, ''It's true, it says that right here.'' Dolohov said motioning to the paper. ''Why even is she in the paper?'' I asked scuffing, ''Because she won some kind of charm duel.'' Malfoy said shrugging, ''Of course she did.'' I whispered to myself. ''Can I see it?'' I asked Dolohov. ''Sure.'' He said as he gave me the newspaper.

I looked at the photo of her, she was in the Beauxbaton's uniform, if I'm telling the truth, she looked ravishing, she was smiling in the photo, but it didn't look real. In the paper she in talking about the duel, how she won the thing and how much she loves school and learning, later the interviewer asks a question about her thoughts about the good and bad in the world and she replies with, 'I don't believe in good and bad, I believe in powerful and powerless, and it's only the person's choice how they want to impact the world.' Hmm, maybe she is smarter that I thought, I shrugged as I gave the paper back to Dolohov. Honestly, I couldn't care less about her. ''I hope she gets sorted in to Slytherin.'' Some Slytherin girl next to me said, looking at me, I smiled charmingly at her. I got up and went to my dorm room, to get my books for today's classes. The first class of the day for me was Transfiguration, performed by Professor Dumbledore, he is having eyes on me ever since I was sorted in Slytherin, he is the only one who can see through me, it's quite amusing though it is starting to get on my nerve.

''Professor Dumbledore.'' I said as I sat down in my usual seat, right in the middle, ''Mr. Riddle.'' He said back as he wrote something on the board. The bell finally rang and more students got in the classroom. ''Good morning class, today we have to take the exam, that I dedicated the whole lesson yesterday.'' He said as he took a stack of papers off of his desk, and started giving them out to students. ''Mr. Riddle.'' He said as he gave me the paper. ''Professor Dumbledore.'' I said as I took the test from him.

''You may start now.'' Professor said as he finished giving out the tests. I started immediately, finished first, because I enjoy being the best at everything. I got up, went to the teacher's desk and set my test on the desk, ''Thank you.'' Professor said not even looking at me. I sat back down and looked to my left and saw Rachel, leaving her seat, to give her exam to the teacher. She gave me a death glare as she sat down to her seat. What is up with her? Doesn't matter. I said as I looked forward, thinking about Y/N, why am I thinking about her?

Third pov:

Tom didn't know why he thought about Y/N, maybe because they are similar, they do have a lot in common, but he's probably thinking about her, because he hadn't thought of her until he saw her in the paper, so he brushed off the thoughts and continued his day like nothing has happened, because it hasn't, right?

(1217 Words)

A/N: Thank you for reading, I hope you are enjoying the story.