Chapter 14

All eyes were on me as I walked through the great hall, my heels clicked against the stone floor as whispers erupted all of the girls looked at me with annoyed looks and envious glances and the smirk on my lips got even bigger, I sat down on the stool and an old hat was placed on my head, ''Oh, miss Y/L/N, I thought it was you.'' It whispered to me, and I looked around the room, four tables all of them filled with tons of people, mine and Riddle's eyes met, ''Very cunning I see, with lots of abition, I know exactly the place for you.'' The hat said in a normal speeking voice, ''Slytherin.'' The hat yelled and Riddle's table erupted in cheers, I looked at Rachel who looked rather sad, i smiled at her and she smiled back at me, but the smile didn't reach her eyes.

When I stood up, I took my wand and turned my clothes to Slytherin robes, the Slytherin crowd got even louder and smirking I went to the table, a blonde guy made space for me right in front of Riddle, smiling I sat down and he extended his hand, ''I'm Malfoy, Abraxas Malfoy.'' He said as he looked up and down at me, I made doe eyes and innocently smiled at him, ''Y/N Y/L/N.'' I replied as shook his hand, ''This is Lestrange and Riddle.'' He said as he motioned to the guy next to Riddle and then Riddle. ''It's a pleasure.'' I said as I extended my hand to Lestrange, he took it, brought it up to his mouth and kissed it, gross, I smiled, took my hand away and wiped it against my skirt under the table, I looked up, my and Tom's gazes met and I looked away. I looked at the guy on the other side of Riddle, ''I'm Antonin Dolohov.'' The guy said in a thick accent and extended his hand, Tom looked at him but then quickly looked away before I could read his expression, I shook Dolohov's hands as I smiled.

Malfoy and Lestrange ate like pigs the whole time, I didn't eat at all, just drank some tea, I bumped arms with a girl next to me, ''Oh sorry.'' I laughed as I looked at our arms, ''Oh it's totally fine.'' She smiled back, she kind of looked like a pig, interesting, ''I'm Penelope Parkston.'' She said smiling, ''I'm- '' I was about to say my name, ''Oh, yeah Y/N Y/L/N, right?'' she irrupted me, ''Yeah.'' I replied smiling. ''I'm the head girl, by the way, so if you need anything, I know everything.'' She said smiling, ''Alright, thanks.'' I said a gentle voice, I felt Riddle's gaze on me after I said that, I looked back at him with raised eyebrows, but his face just hardened and he looked away.

The dinner ended and Penelope asked me if I wanted a tour around the school, I agreed and we started walking through the stone-cold halls. ''So, this is the library, all the magical books you can ever think of, are in there.'' She said as she motioned to a wooden door, ''Any book?'' I asked smiling, ''Yeah, any book, except the dark at books of course, those are forbidden.'' She said, ''Right.'' I smiled and we continued walking, ''If you're the head girl, who is the head boy?'' I asked while we walked to the courtyard, ''Riddle is the head boy, he is probably the smartest person in the school including all of the professors and every girl in school has or has had a crush on him.'' She ranted as she blushed, ''Oh, so you have a crush on him?'' I asked gently, of course she had a crush on him, he is extremely good looking, but his looks are just a façade.

''Yeah, for the longest time now, but please don't tell anybody, now that we are head boy and girl, I feel like I could really have a chance with him, you know?'' she said as we were finally outside, ''Yeah, I'm sure you'll get your shot with him, don't worry.'' I said as I put my hand of her shoulder, ''If only I was prettier.'' She whispered, ''Penelope, you are pretty.'' I said as she started crying and I rubbed her back, ''Easy for you to say, you are always gorgeous and everybody loves you.'' She sobbed, ''Shhhh.'' I comforted her, rather uncomfortable with the situation like this, I don't even know this girl and she is spilling all of her problems on me, she probably has no friends, I thought as I continued comforting her.

''Come on, let's go to the dormitories.'' I said after a while, ''Yeah, sure.'' She replied as she rubbed her eyes.

We went to the dormitories and she showed me where I'll be sleeping, I told Penelope to go to bed and sleep the sadness away, she agreed and went to bed, rather than me, who went to the common room, because I wasn't tired enough to sleep.

I went down from the girl's dormitories to the common room, somebody was sitting by the fireplace in an armchair, his head turned, ''Y/L/N.'' he said, I just hummed, and walked around the room, ''Penelope likes telling you awful a lot, I see.'' He said, I turned to him, he was reading some kind of book, ''What makes you say that?'' I asked as I went up to a window and touched the green satin drapes.

''That girl was crying to you about her insecurities, you're her new best friend and you met the girl, roughly 2 hours ago.'' He said rather amused as he was still looking at his book, ''Does that bother you?'' I asked as I turned to him, ''No, nothing bothers me.'' He replied, ''I liked you better when you were younger, you were a bit more honest.'' I said as I smirked at him, but he didn't reply, ''Headmaster Dippet, told me to give you this, it's your class schedule.'' He said as he stood up and gave me a piece of parchment, ''Thank you.'' I replied as I took the parchment from him, our hands touched, as soon as our hands touched, he pulled away and went back to the armchair he sat in before, his skin was so cold, like a corpse, ''It is my job as the head boy to give it to you.'' He said as opened his book, I looked at it more closely, it was a notebook.

'Tom Marvolo Riddle' was engraved with silver letters on the cover, ''It's rude to stare.'' He said a bit annoyed and I rolled my eyes, ''I should say the same thing to you.'' ''Yet you don't.'' he said and looked up at me, ''Just waiting for the right time...Riddle.'' I said and folded my arms.

''You have yourself a good night Tom.'' I said with a smirk and walked past him, ''It's Riddle to you Y/N.'' he said as he looked up at me, I felt his very heated gaze at me, even though my back was facing him, ''It's Y/L/N for you.'' I said as I turned my head to look at him, but he didn't say anything back, so I just went up the steps to the girl's dormitories.