thirty nine

"jimin lied about not treating me any differently," you told navi, looking at yourself in the mirror as she styled your hair.

"i don't think he realises it, but he's been avoiding me like a plaque. he walks to a room but soon leaves once his eyes land on me, and we've barely had a conversation because he keeps cutting them short. it's like every time i try talking to him, he's got somewhere he has to be or something to attend to," you huffed.

"have you ever thought about how you feel about jimin?" navi chuckled. "do you not think you might feel something a little romantic for jimin?"

"i have thought about it, navi," you sighed. "i don't remember the last time i felt this conflicted with my feelings!"

"i guess since you're still going on this date, you've concluded that you don't feel anything romantic for jimin," she said.

"funny thing is i don't know, girl. i've never sat down and looked at jimin, thinking he could be someone who could be more than a friend. i guess him having lovers completely stopped me from having such thoughts," you said, looking at your reflection. "i was shocked when he confessed to me on thursday, but it didn't bother me at all, and after he left me in the living room, i couldn't help but think: 'what if?' what if i reciprocate jimin's feelings? and then i thought deeper. what happens with the other guys and i?"

"so jimin still has a chance," navi said. "because you did tell me you weren't sure about your feelings for this in-guk guy."

"yeah, it wasn't until he asked me out that i considered a possible interest," you told her. "i'll see how this date goes, and i'm sure i'll know how i feel at the end."

.

park jimin hated himself.

no words could describe how much he regretted telling you his feelings right then and there two days ago. he regrets not keeping his damn mouth shut and keeping it to himself.

he tried his hardest not to let his actions affect how he acted around you, but he couldn't. he felt embarrassed in your presence and couldn't face you since. when he whined to taehuyng and hoseok about it, the two only laughed, making him even more embarrassed.

he was sitting in the living room with all the guys, having a long-awaited and needed discussion.

"so, y/n's out, and we're all home... so let's take this as an opportunity to talk," seokjin sighed, crossing his arms and leaning into the couch. "jimin confessed his feelings to y/n."

"a very impulsive decision i regret," jimin muttered, sinking further into the couch.

"she's on a date with jimin's competition as we speak," taehyung chuckled, shaking his head. "but our boy still has a chance. she did say she's not sure about her feelings for this in-guk guy."

"we need to discuss what will happen in our relationship if jimin decides to pursue y/n. she might come back and tell jimin she wants to try to be with him, but now what?" seokjin said. "it's not like any of us have feelings for her-"

"actually... i do," jungkook admitted. "they aren't as deep as jimin's feelings, but the feelings are there."

"anyone else?" namjoon asked. "it's already clear that y/n's more than just a roommate to most of us, but who's on the border of falling for her."

taehyung's hand went up, surprising hoseok and jimin the most. "we had a little moment similar to jungkook's in the kitchen, and i realised how attractive this girl is..."

"our maknae line is finished," hoseok sighed, shaking his head.

"look, i don't have a crush on y/n yet, but soon... i might cross the border," taehyung admitted. "i can't believe i was busy asking who would fall for y/n next not too long ago. now look at me."