thirty eight

"alright, spill," navi said, sitting on her couch and crossing her arms. "i know you have something to tell me. so... tell. me."

"tell me, tell me, tell, tell, tell, tell, tell, tell me," you began, suddenly being reminded of tell me by wonder girls. "that you love me and that you-"

"now's not the time y/n! i'm itching to know what it is!" navi groaned, cutting you off. "is there finally romance between you and one of your hot roommates? are you officially a model? what is it?"

"oh right," you chuckled.

when you walked into navi's apartment this morning, your best friend knew you had something big to tell her just by how you greeted her when she opened the door.

"so... i'm going on a date, and-"

"you're going on a date? with who!? park jimin? min yoongi? park jinyoung?" she asked, cutting you off again.

"will you let a girl speak?" you sighed, shaking your head. "anyway, i'm going on a date with in-guk, you know... the guy i met that one time i was out with jimin?"

"girl, i doubt anyone remembers who that guy is," she sighed. "i didn't even know you were talking to him after your last photoshoot."

"i didn't say anything because i didn't think anything would progress from this," you told her, sitting next to her and throwing your head back to look at the ceiling. "i know he approached me intending to get to know me on a 'more than friend' level, but based on how we've been talking, i assumed we'd just stay friends."

you haven't seen in-guk since your last photoshoot, but you've been in touch, texting each other almost daily.

"yesterday, we called for the first time, and he asked if he could see me this weekend. he said we could get some food and spend the evening doing fun things like going to an arcade or roller-skating."

"i'm happy you're finally going out again, but i was not expecting to hear a name that wasn't one of your roommates."

"i don't know why you're so hooked on the idea of a love story blossoming between me and one of the guys," you said. "they're in a happy relationship with each other, and i don't really see it."

"happy relationship aside, you don't see it because you're so convinced there's nothing! if you just opened your eyes, you'd see what i'm seeing," navi told you. "i'm sure at least one of your roommates has an obvious crush that all the guys except you know about. you can't tell me you don't get butterflies around any of them."

"i actually..." you stopped yourself before saying no. 'have i ever gotten butterflies around any of the guys?' you asked yourself.

you wouldn't say you get butterflies every time you're around some of them, but there have been some instances where you've gotten butterflies.

the little eye contact moment with jungkook in the kitchen that day he made yukgaejang definitely left you feeling tingly all over. then there was the day taehyung teased you.

.

"fucking hell, where's the step ladder?" you huffed. you were sure it had been twenty minutes of searching for that thing, and you still couldn't find it anywhere.

after the horrible test you wrote today, you decided to clear your mind by doing chores you should've done almost two weeks ago... like properly cleaning your room and bathroom. but you couldn't clean yet because you couldn't reach the detergents and supplies you needed on the top shelf without the step ladder.

you were average height, standing at 160 cm (5'2/5'3), but you could barely reach the cabinet's first shelve and cursed the person who installed it for putting it up so high.