002 | merchant of death

• 36 hours earlier •

36 hours earlier

chapter two: merchant of death 】

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

[Las Vegas, 36 Hours Earlier]

Voice over: Toni Stark. Visionary. Genius. American patriot. Even from an early age, the daughter of legendary weapons developer Howard Stark quickly stole the spotlight with her brilliant and unique mind. At age four, she built her first circuit board. At age six, her first engine. And at 17, she graduated summa cum laude from MIT. Then, the passing of a titan. Howard Stark's lifelong friend and ally, Obadiah Stane, steps in to help fill the gap left by the legendary founder, until, at age 21, the prodigal daughter returns and is anointed the new CEO of Stark Industries. With the keys to the kingdom, Toni ushers in a new era for her father's legacy, creating smarter weapons, advanced robotics, and satellite targeting. Today, Toni Stark has changed the face of the weapons industry by ensuring freedom and protecting America and her interests around the globe.

Toni withheld a sigh at the looks that she was getting from the gods and even the demigods. Fame was something that followed her since the day she was born. Being the daughter of a famous socialite and a genius was a big burden. Her every moment was monitored by the media. She was used to being stared at by, but the gazes of the Greek Gods made the hairs on her neck rise. She had read some myths, and from the picture, the Gods didn't seem merciful at all.

What she couldn't understand, was how the God of the Sea was her father. And if he really was, then where was he? Was he even aware of her existence, and most importantly, did Howard Stark know that the child he claimed as his was some other man— god's child?

Howard doted on her, when she was young, her relationship with her father was perhaps the best. She was closest to her dad, whereas her relationship with her mom was perhaps not the best. However, her relationship with her dad soured when he sent her away to boarding school. And Toni never managed to salvage her relationship with her parents, all because they were dead.

The Greek Gods were surprised at the achievements of the young Stark, especially Athena. It was not the first time that she had met Toni Stark, she had met her first when the young genius was only nineteen. Athena had even had a nice conversation with the young woman and was pleasantly surprised to find herself enjoying their talks. To think that the woman was Poseidon's spawn, shocked her to the core.

While Perseus was Poseidon's carbon copy, Antoinette Stark had a startling resemblance to the Sea God. To anyone who knew Poseidon, it was obvious that the girl was his daughter. But, no one seemed to connect the dots, it was as if something or more like someone was stopping them from recognising Toni as Poseidon's child