CHAPTER 9

She was back from the camping trip finally, she was happy to be back home after a week from home.
Smiling was something she found herself doing with ease whenever she spoke to Jordan over the phone.
“ I hope you enjoyed camping? ” he asked .
“ of course I did and thanks to you and I have something to ask ”
“ ok ”
“ why didn't you ask me about my nightmares ? ” she closed her eyes not knowing what to expect as an answer.
“ we just became friends and even though, I wouldn't rush you to tell me about it until you feel free to talk to me about it. When it's your own time , I will wait till when you trust me enough to be able to open up those traumatic past . I will be patient till then ”
“ thanks” that was all she could say .
“ you know telling people about your past it's like reopening deep injuries making them bleed again so when you feel it safe to tell me I will wait till then ”
“ okay ” how could he be so considerate.
“ what do you think about my friends ?” from his voice you could tell he was eager to know.
“ well they are funny, lovely, accepting, just a wonderful set of people I suddenly liked without forcing myself to”
“ oh , that's good and they like you too .yeah and what about me ? ”
“ you? , Caring, considerate but annoying ”
“ I promised to be a better friend from now on ”
“ awwn , sorry my mom is calling me I have to go ”
“ bye ”
“ it's time for dinner ” Vienna said as Cher ran down the stairs.“ baked beans or noodles ? ”
“ noodles, you can eat your baked beans”.
They ate silently before her mom broke the silence. “ Cher ” she raised her head.
“ I know you hate me for not being there through those little stages of life. You can put the blame on me ; your dad's death , you kidnapping, everything. I was out there chasing fame but never cared about my family, never built a connection between me and my daughter which I regret now ” tears flowed freely down her cheeks “ I haven't been more of a mother to you and a wife to your dad before he died but could you give me a chance to be close to you and be that mother that I had never been, to be that mother most children crave to have ?” she wiped at the tears . “ make up for all those times ”
“ mom , am also at fault ” Cher reached for her hand “ I shouldn't have left the house that day , you were working hard to give me the best life many people out there would love to live, like the cars good environment and good school and many other things. All this wasn't for yourself only , they were also for me and am grateful and will forever be cause when it was time to give up that fame for me , you did without a second thought . I have already forgiven you when I thought of this and found out you had no fault . You are a mother indeed ” she hugged Vienna tightly.
“ now eat up, make sure you finish that food ” she smiled happily .

*****

More coming 😊😊but please🙏🥺 do comment your thoughts 🌹🌹🌹🌹.