Chapter 3: The devil

He stared at himself in the mirror and traced the mark on the left side of his face .
Turning away and picking the phone that kept ringing nonstop. “ haven't you found her ? ” a cold voice from the other side asked and he smiled.
“ never expected your call ” he said in a formal tone .“ I am still on the lookout for her ”
“ what her name again ? ” this time the voice asked in a friendly tone .
“ why do you wanna know ? ” he asked .
“ I just want to”
“ just don't try anything stupid ”
“ I won't so can I get her name now ”
“ Cher, her name is Cher ” he brought out a pack of cigarettes took a stick and lit it.
“ ok , what information have you gotten so far ? ”
“ nothing” he puffed.
“ how could you say nothing ”the voice at the other end asked getting annoyed.
“ she's not yours to catch ” with tht he hung up .

*****

Vienna booked an appointment with a therapist hoping they get help from here.
She found herself sitting in the office of a therapist with her mom .
“ Cher , am I right ? ” the friendly lady asked and she nodded.
“When you close your eyes what do you see ? ” she picked a pen and book on her desk .
“ I see the face of the kidnapper , my dad , I still see myself in that dark room being injected and I also see myself falling into the pool over and over again" she explained everything .
“ how long has this been ? ” she asked again.
“ three years now ” she responded.
“ it happened when she was thirteen” Vienna added.
“ this is serious, have you met with any therapist since it happened ?” she jotted something down.
“ Yes , we've met with many but it grew worst and she soon asked to stop meeting any ” Vienna explained.
“ what happens after have this bad dreams ? ” .
“ I will be unable to sleep. I do take pills sometimes to help me sleep but still it doesn't work”
“ I will advice you not to go close to those places were this incident took place ”
“ yeah, we moved out of that city , sold the house and also changed her school, I stopped her from doing things that triggers those memories like ; swimming, I even took out the bathtub she had in her bathroom” Vienna said .
“ would you came back so we can have this discussion” the lady's face was serious but her soft voice never changed .
“ I don't think so. She will be going on a camping trip next week” .
“ so when next can will I see you ? ”
“ when she comes back”
“ when she's around please do come around”
“ we will ” .

*****

Earlier Jordan had waited outside to see her . He scanned the classroom looking for her . He was surprised when he learned that she missed school.
“ Danny did you see Cher today ? ” he asked one of his friends.
“ no , what about her ? ”
“ she's not even interested in him ” Lewis scoffed.
“ man , it's none of your business if she is or not " he angrily walked away .

*******

I know you're curious but be Patient while we get to know more about the present Cher her past will be told also .
🌹🌹🌹