Chapter 4: camping

Cher stayed at home through out that week and returned to school the next week .
“Here you go” Vienne gave Cher a cup of tea as she sat watching the Sunday evening shows .
“ thanks ” she collected it .
“ the lady seems to know a way of helping us ” Vienne said thoughtfully as she read the paper she held in one hand and a mug in another.“ so , when you're back from your school camping trip, we will be meeting her again”.
Cher could only nod , she found it hard to talk to her mom the way she easily did with her dad . There was no connection between them .
“ Cher, you need to rest now ” she stared at her watch for awhile before standing up .
Cher followed,  they both walked in silence into Cher's room .
“ good night dear and I pray you have the sweetest and loveliest dream this night ” her mom prayed before leaving.
Cher sighed softly , she touched the rosary round her neck and said a silent prayer . “ just hoping you protect me from nightmares tonight”  she raised her head to stare at the wall clock and it was already nine .
Few minutes before the Nightmares kick in .
And truly the Nightmares came this night like never before.
“ you killed your dad ” the smile on his face sent chills down her spine.
“ I didn't” she screamed at him .
“ you did ” she was shivering.
“ daddy!!!! ” she could see him falling into the pool .
Vienna ran into her room as if she had been waiting for her to scream .
“ it's just a nightmare sweetie be calm ” she tried calming her down before leaving to get her water .
“ I killed dad ” Cher said in a sad voice after Vienna walked in with a glass half filled with water.
“ no you didn't, trust me . You didn't” she caressed her cheeks .
She did it for awhile till she was assured that Cher was calm.
Vienna opened Cher wardrobe and began to arrange some clothes into a small bag.
“ you don't have dresses why ” she complained as she searched through Cher's clothes.
“ trousers is what am comfortable in ” she said.
“ you should go bathe while I go down to make breakfast” she zipped up the bag .
“ and be fast” she shouted.
Cher poured the water slowly on her body wishing she lived a Nightmare free life like other people did .
Like aunt Betty, her mom's cousin. She could remember when she went over to her house for the weekend that night she watched as her aunt slept peacefully till it was morning but her sleep was never peaceful . She was being chased .
Physically she was chased and in her dreams she was being chased. The kidnapper is out there waiting to get his hands on her and make her life a living hell once again.
She closed her eyes , all she could see was the face of the person after her .
Releasing the breath she held in for a while.
She calmly said , “ they are here for a reason ” she gulped.
********
Hey dear readers
I appreciate you for reading🥺 please🙏 keep on reading📖 there's a lot to discover.🌹🌹🌹