Chapter 8

Cher found out that Jordan only cared and she liked the feeling of being cared for by someone who was not a family member.
She had only few who cared , her mom's parent died in a plane crash , her dad's brother moved out of this country with his family. Her dad sister hated Vienna with all her heart and was against her brother and Vienna getting married but her grandparents didn't support her and after they died , She had  asked her brother to file a divorce.
She had blamed Vienna for her brothers death and everything that happened to Cher so they were never close.
Vienna was the only child her parents had .
The next night when she screamed again Jordan was there to calm her down “ you should go back to sleep”
“ I can't”
“ trust me you can ” he smiled at her “ all you have to do is lay down Close your eyes” she  did “ while I sing you a lullaby ”
“ no way ” she laughed“ am not a baby ”
“ you should laugh often,it sounds so magical, so heavenly”
“ thanks” she smiled .
“ I promise you that i will be awake to watch over you till morning ” she nodded before closing her eyes to listen to him sing.
She slowly drifted into sleep and it was so peaceful, no nightmare” she had a good rest after so many years .
“ your singing is a therapist” she told him as they walked round to observe things with other students.
“ and your laughter heals a broken soul , it's hope "
“ you promised to stay up and you did . Why ? ”
“ to protect you, what are friends for ”
she wasn't a child to be protected”she thought.“ and I never said we're friends ” she didn't say it out.
“hey bro ” Danny have him a playful slap at the back.
“ wassup”
“ hey ” a girl named Lisa greeted.“ you seem scarce this days”
“ yeah been busy ” he turned to Cher “ Cher meet my friends, Lisa, Danny , Hector and Lewiston”
“ nice meeting you all ” she said with a sweet smile plastered on her beautiful face .
“ and you too ” they all said except Lisa.
“ and meet my new friend Cher”
“ oh, so you two are now friends, I see ” Lisa said .
“ what do you mean Lisa? ” Jordan asked
” nothing” she forced a smile before turning to Cher “ welcome ” her actions already showed that Cher was not welcomed before walking away.
“ sorry about that , she might not be in her best mood now but trust me she's very nice when I say  nice ,I mean the nicest among us when you get to know her ” Lewiston said to Cher and she nodded.

*****

“ I've found the child ” the man with a mark on his face spoke to someone over the phone.
“ then finish her up we have no time to waste if she can remember”
“ she said she saw nothing”
“ and you believe her ”
“ I do cause she sounds sincere but I will do whatever you command , she's on a little school trip now and when she back we will finish it ”
“ ok ” he hung up.

*****
Please do comment your thoughts on this book 📚.
Thanks 😊🌹🌹🌹.