The Tribe Border (12)

A/N I just want to say thank you for 500 views, when I first started this I didn't even think I'd get 100. Keep me updated on how you think the story is in the comments, I want to hear what you all have to say ahaha. Love you guyyyyyysss :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Zukos Pov*

She ran in front of me her hair flying behind her, like a mane. She was happy; and that made me happy.

 A few minutes ago Katara and I... We kissed. And at that moment I knew more than I did previously, that I wanted Katara to be mine. I couldn't think straight, it felt so... right, but I knew it was wrong. We're both in a relationship with other people.

Could Katara have just used me for a second to replace her need for Aang? No she couldn't have, she couldn't have kissed me like that if she did. But she did tell me she missed Aang days ago. But that was days ago, she could have changed her mind. I laughed to myself. Who am I kidding? No ones feelings can change in a matter of days.

One thing for sure is that I have been in love with Katara for a longer period of time than just a 'few days'.

I just stood at the foot of the ship, my feet sinking in the deep snow. A voice pierced my thoughts "She's incredible isn't she Sir?" It was Lee.

He stood next to me his broad shoulder was next to mine. I looked up at the blonde haired man and nodded. Lee was different to other men, exceptionally talented. I didn't just see his looks like everyone else does, the tall,  strange, blonde fire bender. But Lee wasn't different to other men when it comes to women...

Katara spun on her heels and called out to us. "ZUKO!!!" She laughed. "Come on!! Lee?!" She continued running ahead.

"First one to reach the Tribes Border gets Katara, deal?" Lee whispered.

I punched his arm "Doofus, Katara has Aang" I shook my hand off to my side, trying to seem like I didn't hurt my hand against his strong arm. "Besides I'm with Mai"

"Oh yeah, right... Maaaiiii" He cooed.

I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Well your out of the running then, what a shame..." He crossed his arms. "Now I have to only compete with the avatar, what a bore" He yawned.

I pushed him then sprinted ahead.

"Hey!" I heard him shout. "Lord Zuko that's cheating!!!" I could hear his feet crunching against the snow.

I laughed to myself, becoming breathless the cold air hitting against me. I guess I had learnt from the best cheater, Katara. She always cheats. I slowed down running out of energy.

"I knew you wanted her!!!" His voice grew louder. "Cheater!!"

She cheats. I cheat. That kiss... Didn't that mean we both cheated on Mai and Aang? I stopped, panting at the border. My hands fell to my knees.

Lee held onto me and laughed, out of breath. "Fine, I guess you win" We laughed together and pumped fists.

Another voice spoke. "Won what?"

I let go of Lee, were we supporting each other, so when my hands left his arms he fell to the floor. "Hey?!" Lee rubbed his head as he fell.

The familiar voice spoke again. "Won some honor?" It teased.

"Hey do you know who your talking to?!" Lee shouted.

I spun round to see the tall tanned, pony tailed guy with a smirk on his face.

"Oh that's rough buddy" I said.

Sokka jumped on me. His body slamming me to the floor. He was heavy, he didn't look like he had gained any weight in particular, Sokka felt stronger. Had he been working out? "Sokka!!!" I struggled underneath him. "Get off" I moaned.

We wrestled on the floor, snow flying around. Kataras work of art aka my hair was completely messed up. "Oh I never thought I'd say that I missed a firebender" Sokka said pulling me up to my feet. He bent back down and picked up my golden flame. "Especially a grouchy one like you"

I snatched the flame from him and hit his chest. "Hey!"