At sea (6)

*Kataras POV*

It would be at least two weeks on water till we get to the Southern Tribe, two weeks with Zuko and his annoying band of Fire Navy.

I lay there in my stone cold bed staring at the ion ceiling. Iroh couldn't have meant what he said, its clear Zuko loves Mai. The way he looks at her...

I over think too much.

Zukos voice penetrated my thoughts. "Lee?! I swear if I find you sleeping on deck one more time" He grunted. "I will throw you over board and not think twice about it"

I sat up, my feet dangled of the bed and scrapped the floor. Old Zukos back, the angry and impatient one. And for a while I thought Zuko had changed completely, theres still that part of him in there. I like it though.

"Do I make myself clear?!" And with an almost silent answer Zuko replied calmly "Good"

I got up and made my way to the bathroom. I ran the water and let it flow until the basin was almost full. I cupped my hands and brought up water to my face, washing it. My hands fell to the sides of the sink and I held onto it as I studied myself in the water. My reflection staring back at me. I look so much more different than I was a year ago. I've stopped wearing my hair in a braid, this makes my face look less shaped. My eyes have turned a paler shade of blue. I'm not the little girl I once was.

After about 15 minutes I had found my way through the endless corridors and cabins and made it to the deck. Zuko and a crew member were squaring up, and by the looks of things Zuko had already made it through 3 crew members already as they were piled at the top of the deck.

The man ran at Zuko and he immediately dodged his attack with one quick motion of his body. Then he quickly caught the mans collar and pulled him back, smashing him to the ground. Zuko drew his arm back about to punch the guy but as Zukos arm flew forward the nimble guy rolled out of the way and kicked Zukos bandaged abdomen causing him to fall back landing with a thud. A shiver ran down my spine. I couldn't take my eyes of him. Zuko lay on his back, the other man stood up and loomed over Zuko. "Lord Zuko?" The mans voice was rough.

I had almost forgot that Zuko wasn't a prince anymore. His "banished prince" title had left him.

With a quick movement Zukos shin made contact with the mans calf, this forced the man to make contact with the floor as hard as possible. Zuko quickly turned and held the man down by the throat. "Didn't think you'd defeat me this easily?" Zuko questioned. My heart was racing. They stared at each other for a moment before bursting into laugher. Zuko got up then helped up the crew member. Zuko looked up to see me standing on the side of the ship. Our eyes locked for a brief second before a smile spread across both our faces in synchronization. "Get back to work men" Zuko raised his voice to the others.

He then made his way over to me. His body was perfectly on display. His bandaged abdomen and his torso were so distracting. "Are you here to spar?" Zuko laughed. "Because I wont go easy on you"

I chuckled sarcastically. "You'll need all your strength to go up against me" I winked at him before walking to the middle of the deck and stood in a empty weighted lead stance my arms raised. Zukos jaw dropped.

He walked closer to the middle of the cleared deck and took his stance, his weight all put on his back leg. "Alright Katara" He said. "But theres no Bending involved because you'll have an unfair advantage" He gestured toward the vast ocean we sailed on.

"Whatever" I said smugly.

He scoffed and before I knew it he had ran at me wrapping his arms around my waist, his head against my side pushing me backwards until my back hit the wall of the cabins. A squeak left my mouth. "What is it Katara?" Zuko laughed. I grabbed his bandaged abdomen and with all my strength I hurled him of me.

He recovered quickly and threw punches at me, I was smaller than him and I was able to quickly evade these. I grabbed his out stretched arm and leaped over him pulling his arm with me, forcing it to be behind him causing him muscle pain. His arm muscles were large and strong. He moaned and I laughed at him. "What is it Zuko?" I mimicked him.

With his free arm he pushed me away releasing his arm. I thought I'd use Aangs technique of being behind the attacker. Zuko wasn't too good with his quick foot work so it was easy for me to stay close to him. I jumped onto his back, his muscles underneath me felt on edge. I tried pulling him back towards the floor, my arms wrapped around his neck. My plan backfired. Instead Zuko held my arms and flipped me over his head to the floor.

He was on top of me. His dark shaggy hair fell forward, his ember eyes illuminated under them. I could see myself in his eyes. I couldn't take my eyes of his, but when I did my attention flickered to his scar on his eye. It was beautiful. Our faces were inches away from each other. "I guess I win" He smirked.

With a quick flick of my wrist heaps of water flew from the ocean knocking Zuko of me. I couldn't hold in the laugh. He was drenched. "Katara!" he yelled.

The crew who stood higher than us were laughing.

I stood up and brushed myself of. A crew member picked up my arm and held it up triumphantly. "And the winner is Little Miss WaterTribe"

I couldn't help but smile as I bowed to the crew as they cheered. "Thank you all"

Zuko stood up and shook himself, almost like a animal. His hair moving back and forth until he flicked his head up and his hair landed perfectly. "Get back to work Lee" Zuko snapped. Broad shouldered Lee let go of my arm and began to walk of.

"Oh whats the matter Zuko? You lost to a girl?" I teased.

"I didn't lose" He walked closer to me not breaking eye contact. "You just cheated"

I just raised my eyebrow at him.