dieciocho

Chapter 18: Capturing Moments

The sun was just starting to rise when Aashna received a message from Virat: “Ready for our day out?” She smiled, a mix of excitement and anticipation bubbling inside her. They had planned to spend the entire day together, just the three of them: Virat, Aashna, and Kiara. Quickly, she got dressed and made her way to Virat’s apartment.

Virat greeted her with a warm hug as she arrived. Kiara, holding a small backpack filled with her favorite toys, ran up to her with a wide grin. “Aashu, we’re going to the zoo!” she exclaimed, her excitement infectious.

“Oh wow, excited?” Aashna said, bending down to hug Kiara. “Are you ready for a fun day?”

“Yes!” Kiara said, jumping up and down.

They all got into Virat’s car and headed to the zoo. The drive was filled with light-hearted conversation and Kiara’s endless chatter about all the animals she wanted to see. Aashna couldn’t help but feel a sense of contentment, enjoying the simplicity of the moment.

When they arrived at the zoo, they were greeted by the sounds of birds chirping and the distant roars of lions. Kiara’s eyes widened with wonder as they walked through the entrance, holding Aashna’s hand tightly.

“Look, Aashu! Elephants!” Kiara pointed excitedly as they approached the elephant enclosure.

“They’re so big!” Aashna said, matching Kiara’s enthusiasm. “What’s your favorite animal, Kiara?”

“Lions!” Kiara replied without hesitation. “Can we see the lions, Daddy?”

“Of course, we can,” Virat said, lifting Kiara onto his shoulders. “Let’s go find them.”

As they walked through the zoo, they stopped at various enclosures, watching the animals and reading about them. Kiara’s excitement was infectious, and Aashna found herself fully immersed in the experience. Virat took pictures, capturing moments of Kiara’s joy and the quiet smiles between him and Aashna.

"Hold still, you two," Virat said, pulling out his phone to take a selfie with Aashna and Kiara. "Say cheese!"

"Cheese!" Kiara squealed, and they all smiled for the camera. Virat safe guarded their selfies together as he was a sucker for memories and he posted a cute photo of his daughter.

Aashna took out her own phone and snapped a picture of Kiara giggling and making the baby chimpanzee her new friend and posting the adorable picture

Aashnas story~