catorce

Chapter 14: A Day at the Cricket Ground

It had been a few weeks since Aashna had met Kiara, and the bond between them was growing stronger. Virat and Aashna continued to see each other, and each meeting only strengthened their connection. Today, Aashna was going to spend the day at the cricket ground, watching Virat practice and getting a glimpse into his world.

Virat had arranged for Aashna to come to the practice session, eager to share his passion for cricket with her. He also wanted her to meet his teammates, who were like family to him. Aashna was excited but also a bit nervous. She dressed casually, wearing a pair of jeans, a comfortable top, and a cap to shield her from the sun and ofcourse sunglasses.

As she arrived at the stadium, Virat greeted her with a warm smile. "Hey, Aashna! You made it," he said, giving her a quick hug.

"Of course! I wouldn't miss it," Aashna replied, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to the guys," Virat said, taking her hand and leading her towards the field.

The cricket ground was buzzing with activity. Players were warming up, coaches were giving instructions, and the energy was palpable. Aashna looked around, taking it all in.

"Hey, everyone! This is Aashna," Virat called out to his teammates.

Rohit Sharma, who was known for his easy-going nature, was the first to greet her. "Hey, Aashna! Nice to finally meet you. We've heard a lot about you."

"All good things, I hope," Aashna said with a grin.

"Definitely," Rohit replied, chuckling. "Virat's been going on and on about you."

Aashna blushed slightly, glancing at Virat, who just shrugged with a playful smile. "What can I say? I'm a fan."

KL Rahul joined in, giving Aashna a friendly nod. "Welcome to our world, Aashna. It's great to have you here."

"Thanks, Rahul. It's exciting to see everything up close," Aashna said.

Hardik Pandya, always the joker, couldn't resist adding his two cents. "So, Aashna, are you ready to see Virat's not-so-serious side?"

Aashna laughed. "I think I've already seen a bit of that."

The banter continued as Virat led Aashna around the ground, introducing her to more of his teammates. She was struck by how welcoming and friendly everyone was. Despite their professional demeanor on the field, off it, they were just a bunch of fun-loving guys.

After the introductions, Virat had to get back to practice. He handed Aashna a pair of headphones connected to a walkie-talkie so they could communicate while he was on the field.

"Just in case you get bored or need anything," Virat said with a wink.

"I'll be fine. Go do your thing," Aashna replied, settling into a seat in the stands.

As practice began, Aashna watched in awe. The intensity and skill of the players were impressive. Virat was in his element, his focus and dedication evident in every move he made. During breaks, he would glance over at Aashna and give her a thumbs-up, which she always returned with a big smile.

During one of the breaks, Virat jogged over to where Aashna was sitting. "How's it going? Bored yet?" he asked, taking a sip of water.

"Are you kidding? This is amazing! You're all so talented," Aashna replied enthusiastically.

"Glad you're enjoying it," Virat said, grinning. "We'll wrap up soon, and then we can all grab some lunch."

"Sounds perfect," Aashna said, looking forward to spending more time with Virat and his friends.

After practice, they all headed to a nearby cafe. The casual atmosphere was filled with laughter and chatter. Aashna found herself getting along well with everyone, feeling like she was becoming part of this close-knit group.

"So, Aashna, what's it like being a doctor? Must be pretty intense," Rohit asked as they settled into their seats.

"It has its moments," Aashna replied. "But I love what I do. It's rewarding to help people and make a difference in their lives."

"Respect," Hardik said, raising his glass. "To Aashna, for doing an awesome job."

Everyone raised their glasses, and Aashna smiled, feeling genuinely touched. "Thanks, guys. But hey, you all play cricket at such a high level. That's pretty amazing too."

The conversation flowed easily, with stories and jokes being exchanged. Virat watched Aashna interacting with his friends, feeling a deep sense of contentment. He could see how well she fit into his world, and it made him hopeful for their future together.

As lunch wound down, they all took a group photo, which Virat posted to his Instagram story.

Aashna also posted a photo of the cricket ground, (i couldn't find any pictures sorry. But y'all can imagine👀)

The day had been perfect, filled with laughter, fun, and meaningful connections. As they left the cafe, Virat turned to Aashna. "Thanks for coming today. It means a lot to me."

"I had a blast, Virat. Your friends are great, and it was amazing to see you in your game," Aashna said, her eyes shining with genuine happiness.

"Let's do this again soon," Virat said, taking her hand in his.

"Absolutely," Aashna replied, feeling a warmth spread through her heart.

As they drove back home, Aashna couldn't help but feel that she was not just getting to know Virat, but also becoming a part of his world. It was a world filled with passion, camaraderie, and love, and she was excited to see where this journey would take them next.