Chapter 2: Inside

~Lilel~

What the hell is he even talking about? I went towards the area he mentioned and immediately my nose was being attacked by a horrid smell. I covered it so quickly that I was on the verge of vomiting. The closer I got the more putrid it became. "what the fuck!?"

~Flashback Ends~

Right now I'm more pissed than ever at my brother laughing at me. "That was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen!".

"It was pretty funny Lil you gotta admit". I glared at him ferociously, then crossed my arms.

"Funny? he killed 5 of my precious ravens, covered them in horse shit, then sewed their eyes shut! My babies were victims! The worse part he left them in our HOME". My blood was boiling I needed space and this fire wasn't helping either.

"First of all you mean OUR ravens they are a symbol of our nobility and also it's a shame you didn't know who Daymen was, even I knew he owned every library in this city". I felt a bit embarrassed for myself with him bringing up that part but no matter I will return the favor to Daymen.

"Can we just go home dad is already going to have some words with you". I smiled at that cause even though Dad gave me "talks" he never was angry or shouted but instead just gave me advice. What can I say me and my dad get along great. Lionel and I started our journey home at that.

After about half an hour of our journey, we finally reached home. Judging by the silver gates with our last name initials we arrived at the main entrance. We were greeted by some of the maids and butlers with smiles on their faces which we also returned in favor.

Once we reached our official home we entered through the big double doors, and now were standing in the main hallway. I could finally take off my leather boots that had the stench of my musty feet from all day. I could finally relax. "Aunt Lilel! Uncle Lionel!" Forget that. Right now I must greet the twins Daria and Daniel.

"Kids it's time for bed your aunt and uncle have been out all day". My sister LeAndrea (or Andrea for short) was the mother of these two and she was the best at it but her late bastard of a husband...may he burn in hell. "Look at you two! All dirty you smell like shit."If you didn't know my sister you would think right now she's a jerk but she's as much a child as Lionel and eye. We looked at her in awe then all three of us burst into laughter. I felt relieved of today's events and hadn't had a good laugh in a while. "Dinner is set for you guys and I made sure to ask for extra dessert...but don't tell Mom! Also you know the deal Lil Dad is in his office".

"You know mom loves to feed us but your sweet tooth is unstoppable Andrea". I chuckled at her rolling her eyes at me and with that, she grasped her children's hands and headed for the west wing of our mansion to her and the kid's chambers.

"I'm starving I'm going to eat you coming?".

"No, I think I'll talk to Dad first so don't wait up".

Okay okay don't say anything stupid and you'll be okay you got this Lilel. You're a Raventon! I finally reach my father's office and may I say even though I don't get into severe trouble this man is still intimidating. I can feel my heart beating in my chest out through my ear and take the chance to knock twice on his office door.

"Come in", my father's deep voice can be heard booming through the door. I enter and I see there's a body to my left on his table with a later lighting the face of the dead victim. Slightly confused I look at my dad who already has his attention on me.

"Dad, I know what was said but it wasn't m-", he stands up, pulls out a chair next to his desk, smiles, and pats it.

"My dear Lily (nickname given by her father) I know you didn't do it", I see him chuckle across the room and my anxiety is pressed down. I can finally smile in relief and take the seat offered.

"Be honest dad how do you know it wasn't me", I smirk and he looks at me appalled

"Are you admitting a crime", he holds his chest in fake belief which makes me giggle and he smiles right back. "I know you didn't do it Lily the fire started around 6:00 PM, and you read through my autopsy files and drank tea while smiling for almost 2 hours", I hold my breath in my throat and look at him shocked. How did he know that?

" How-"

"I see everything Lily, and if you want the files you can just ask", I nod my head but quickly show my attention to the dweller on the table in the office.

"Ah, that! we'll get to that together in a minute but Lilel...", shit he only says my real name when something serious is going on. "Mr. Knight has been sending you letters and I want to know what the hell is going on between you and him."

I shiver in anger at the thought of THAT man but I knew this would come up. "You don't have to get married. You know me and your mother would never force it". I roll my eyes at the thought of such an act, especially with a disgusting man like that.

"Well...father... let's just say me and Mr.Knight didn't hit it off the first night we met", my father raises an eyebrow. Getting up from his chair he heads over to the deceased on the table and I follow. He hands me a scalpel and nods his head.

"Continue Lily", I take the scalpel into my head and plant an incision onto the body's chest. "Well, Dad it didn't go too well, he...well Mom wants me to him back for burning down his library. Like can you believe that!?"

"Oh, Lily trust me I believe that." Taking the scalpel from my hand, my dad places it down and then helps me gently pull open the chest cavity.

"He killed some of our ravens Dad. What maniac does that, for goodness sake just talk to me!"

"The same maniac who burnt down an entire library full of knowledge and she knew better", I can see my dad giving me the "You knew better look".

All I could do was scrunch up my face in disappointment "Don't look at me like that".

"Ooohhh trust me I'm giving you THAT look", bursting into laughter I almost forgot we were looking deep inside a person. Hmm gunshot wound to the chest .

"Gunshot wound to the chest as you thought" We'll figure out who did it but for the time being our time together is done".

"I guess it is father", I smiled and gave him a big hug as if I was his little princess again.