Chapter 17

"Remind me to never get assaulted again."

Chan looks at me, wide-eyed. "I'm sorry?"

"What?" I try to mirror his expression.

He shakes his head. "I would hope you never get assaulted again, but where did that comment come from?"

I sigh, grabbing a snack from the fridge I had been staring into, then moving to sit beside my oldest soulmate. "This whole trial thing and all the shit I've had to go through and remember, it's just not as fun as it looks in tv shows."

"Then let's make sure we keep you away from trouble from now on, yeah?" Chan laughs, wrapping his arm around my waist.

I sink into his embrace, leaning against his side. "I feel like I'm gonna be fine. It's something you guys have to worry about especially with how some of your fans can get. No offense or anything."

"No you're right."

Chan tightens his arm around my waist, leaning his head against mine. He goes back to focusing on whatever he was doing on his computer while I scroll on my phone. The two of us had gotten up a little later than the others, who had ended up going out to get breakfast.

"Hey, did you ever respond to Minho about what you wanted them to bring back?"

Chan hums, absentminded. "Maybe?"

"Well, let's see what they order for you," I laugh. "I fear you've given them too much freedom."

"Did you respond to them?"

I nod, causing his head to shake as well. "I asked them to get me waffles. They went to the place that has really fluffy ones, and they sounded good."

"Chocolate chip?"

"Obviously."

A thought passes through my head and I unwind myself from my soulmate, moving to the fridge again. "Shit, do we have strawberries?"

"I don't remember seeing any."

I groan, shutting the fridge and grabbing my phone. "What's the chance that they are still out and have the ability to pick up strawberries for me?"

"I'd say about 50/50," Chan responds, a small smile on his face. "But if you call one of the younger ones, you'll probably get that chance raised to a solid 75. Minho has a really hard time saying no to the babies, especially Jisung."

"So text Jisung?"

Chan nods. "He's your best shot."

I hum in agreement, shooting a quick text to Jisung to ask if they have the ability to stop. He responds pretty quickly, saying they will stop.

"Minho just texted me that he's having to turn around to go to the store for you," Chan shows me the text.

I roll my eyes. "He loves me and he would have done it anyways. He's just mad I asked Ji to make sure he definitely stops."

"Sure, hon."

"Y/n you better know how much I love you!"

I jump up from my place on the couch, rushing over to Minho who has entered the living room with the rest of the boys. He is holding a take out box and a carton of strawberries in his hands, with an annoyed frown on his lips.

"And I love you sooooo much!" I sing, taking the containers and placing a quick peck to his cheek. "Thank you!"

Minho rolls his eyes, forcing a smile to stay off of his lips.