Swapshift (?) au

Basically where Kokushibo is in the place of Nezuko and Yoriichi is in the place of Tanjiro

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Michikatsu lie in the snow, breath becoming short, heartbeat becoming slow. 2/3 of his remaining family- that being he and his father, were attacked by something he couldn't even describe.

But it didn't matter- he was probably going to die. His father was already dead, succumb to the wounds. Michikatsu couldn't say that he's not glad... Though it seemed that if he's going down, Michikatsu would have to come with him. He hated his father, he deserved to die for putting him and his brother through all that abuse.

His brother. Yoriichi. He went into town today to deliver firewood. And he would come home to find his brother and father, bloodied and dead/dying... Michikatsu thought about how it could have been him here, dying, if he hadn't pushed the work he was assigned onto his kind brother instead.

➽──────────────❥

Yoriichi hummed as he pulled the empty cart up the hill, admiring the night sky. He was glad to do this work for him, he understood that he wasn't really in the best place at the moment... their father had been harder on him than ever, which made him uneasy to leave him alone with him. But, it was Michikatsu's request, so he left him be so he could keep reading.

As he came closer to the house, he scanned for his family members, but couldn't sense them... as he got even closer, he faintly smelled blood... as he arrived, he saw them.

Just by looking, he could tell his father was dead, but Michikatsu looked like he was still breathing slightly. He ran over to him, and checked his pulse. Brother is still alive! He quickly scooped him up, and started running back to the town. He hopped a doctor would be able to save him, even at this hour.

The cart was left far behind, which allowed them to take the quicker, but much more narrow path. Yoriichi felt his brother stir slightly, which he at first took as a good sign. But it quickly got more aggressive, knocking both of them off the small cliff.

They landed in the snow with a 'poof'- Yoriichi sat up as fast as he could, but for a few moments Michikatsu was nowhere to be found, at least not at first. He saw him, sitting like the samurai he wanted to be, much more imposing than usual.

"Michi, are you alright?" He started to run to him, extending a hand to try and help his brother up. That hand was met with a stone cold grip and piercing strength that he's never seen from Michikatsu before. He was thrown to the side as Michikatsu stood up, now getting a look at him. 6 red and yellow eyes adorned his face, and fangs were at the front of his snarl.

This wasn't his brother...!

➽──────────────❥ FOUR DAYS LATER

Yoriichi and Michikatsu had been brought to some little house by a person who claims to be a 'hashira'. Michikatsu had been knocked out for three days by this 'hashira', and because of the demonic transformation.

On the fourth day, Michikatsu woke up, and the twins had everything explained to them:

"What Michikatsu has become is called a demon.." The elder man said, lightly tapping his drum. This man's house was lined with books and drums, he was clearly a very creative person. While Michikatsu slept, the elder allowed Yoriichi to read a few of his own works. "And now that you two are here, you shall be involved with the Demon Slayer Corps."