Lando Norris

Requested: No
Summary: You and Lando have been friends for a while. What if you don't want that anymore...

From the moment we met, Lando and I had an instant connection. We bonded over our shared love for racing, late-night gaming sessions, and endless jokes. But as the years passed and I watched him evolve from a promising young driver into a Formula 1 star, my feelings had shifted from friendship to something more profound. I had convinced myself that our bond was too important to risk on a confession, so I kept my feelings locked away, buried beneath layers of friendly banter and camaraderie. The days leading up to the race were a whirlwind of activity. The team was focused, and Lando was in high spirits, his confidence contagious. Despite the busy schedule, we found moments to steal away, sharing quiet conversations and laughter that felt like a balm to my conflicted heart. It was the night before the race, and the team had gathered at a rooftop party overlooking the sparkling Monaco harbor. The city lights danced on the water's surface, creating a magical backdrop. I found myself standing by the edge, gazing at the view, lost in my thoughts.

"Hey, there you are," Lando's voice pulled me from my reverie. He joined me, leaning against the railing, his presence warm and comforting.

"Hey," I replied, offering him a smile. "Just needed a moment to take it all in."

"Yeah, it's pretty surreal, isn't it?" he said, his eyes scanning the horizon. "Sometimes I still can't believe we're here." We fell into a comfortable silence, the noise of the party fading into the background. I could feel the weight of the unspoken words between us, the tension that had been building for months. It was as if the universe had conspired to bring us to this moment, urging me to finally speak my truth.

"Lando, there's something I need to tell you," I began, my heart pounding in my chest.
"I've been wanting to say this for a while now, but I didn't know how." He turned to face me, his expression curious and slightly apprehensive.

"What is it?" Taking a deep breath, I gathered my courage.

"I know we've always been just friends, but somewhere along the way, my feelings for you changed. I tried to ignore it, to keep things the same, but I can't anymore. I love you, Lando. More than just a friend." For a moment, his face was unreadable, and panic set in. Had I ruined everything? But then, a slow smile spread across his lips, and he took my hand in his.

"I've been hoping you'd say that," he admitted, his voice soft.

"Because I've been feeling the same way. I just didn't want to risk our friendship by saying anything." Relief and joy surged through me, and I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of it all.

"We really are a pair of idiots, aren't we?" He chuckled, pulling me into a tight embrace.

"Yeah, but we're idiots together." As the night continued, we stayed close, wrapped in the newfound intimacy of our confessions. The party faded into the background, and it felt like we were the only two people in the world. The next day, the excitement of the race filled the air. Lando was focused and determined, but there was a new lightness to him, a confidence that seemed to stem from the knowledge that we had finally admitted our feelings for each other. I watched from the sidelines, my heart in my throat as the race unfolded. Every twist and turn felt like a dance, and when Lando crossed the finish line with a triumphant roar, I knew this was just the beginning of our journey together. After the race, amidst the celebrations and congratulations, Lando found me. Without hesitation, he pulled me into his arms and kissed me, a sweet and passionate kiss that felt like a promise of all the adventures yet to come. As we stood there, wrapped in each other's embrace, I knew that we had found something truly special. We had turned the page on a new chapter, one where love and friendship intertwined to create a bond that was unbreakable. And as the sun set over Monaco, casting a golden glow over the city, I realized that sometimes, taking a risk was the only way to find the love that had been there all along.