Logan Sargeant

Requested: No
Summary: When your boyfriend DNFs, he just needs you to comfort him

I was worried when I first saw the crash, but my worry soon turned into sympathy when I saw my boyfriend climb out of the car and throw his steering wheel at the ground. He's hunched over now as he walks to his drivers room, trying to avoid as many cameras as possible. I'm sat in his drivers room, waiting for him to appear. I have a small blanket and one of my pillows from home with me to try and bring home to him and to comfort him just that little bit more. The door slams open, making me jump, and his helmet is thrown into the corner of the room. As soon as his eyes meet mine, his face crumbles, and tears flow freely from his eyes. I swiftly stand up and rush over to him, wrapping my arms around him with the blanket and hugging him as tightly as I can. He buries his face into my neck and loosely wraps his arms around my waist. I can already tell he's exhausted. No words are said as I pull away, taking his rough hand softly and leading him to the couch to rest. I lie down first, and he perches right on top of me, laying his head on my chest. the blanket is wrapped snugly around his shoulders, and the pillow is tucked under my head, keeping me comfortable, too. My fingers cascade through his short blonde locks, my nails softly scratching the nape of his neck and massaging his head slightly.
"You're so good to me," his small voice says into my t-shirt. I breathe out a laugh, making his head move up and down a little, and I brush some hair off of his forehead, kissing his temple gently 
"Get some sleep, baby. I love you," I say, whispering the last part into his hair
"Mm. Love you too," he mumbles so quietly that I almost don't hear him. His body almost immediately falls limp as soft snores escape his lips. And I lay there in silence, chest heavy with love, and his sleepy head. The rhythm of his breaths is enticing and is slowly carrying me away with the gentle currents of slumber. Content in my heart that I am this boy's comfort. I am his anchor, and I wouldn't have it any other way.