NINETEEN - LEMON COOKIES

Alora's parents were a little bit hesitant at first, especially her father. The fact that Theo was the son of a Death Eater was quite disturbing to him. She couldn't help but think how her dad would react if he'd find out that she is dating one too. Luckily her mom warmed up to Theo quite quickly. She was very caring and loving and couldn't bear the thought of someone being hurt.

Alora watched with amusement as her mom gave Theo a big bear hug. At least as close to bearish as she could considering the fact she was even smaller then Alora. She immediately pulled him into the kitchen and put a glass of apple juice and a plate of lemon crinkle cookies in front of him. Theo looked at Alora with scared doe eyes which made Alora giggle.

"Eat as many as you like, darling. I will go prepare a room for you. Don't worry, you can stay as long as necessary, right Thomas?"

"Of course?" Alora's dad nodded after a few more seconds of hesitation. "I am going to put some more protective charms around the house, just in case. Make yourself a home, boy."

Theo visibly relaxed after Thomas smiled at him. It was obvious that he was not used to this kind of behaviour at all. Alora's heart clenched at the sight of her friend. She was glad she brought him here.

Theo didn't know what to say so he just grabbed one cookie and quickly took a big bite. Before her mother came back from the upper floor the plate was squeaky clean without a single crumb.

"Oh. You must be really hungry. I've already started preparing lunch before you arrived. Give me just a few more minutes, darling. You can go to your room in the meantime. It's the one next to yours, Duckling," she looked at Alora and quickly ran away towards the stove.

"Thank you, Mrs. Burns," Theo finally found his voice again.

"It's nothing, really. And please, call me Holly."

"Your parents are really nice," Theo said with a wavering voice when they sat together in her room later that day. He was still touched how they welcomed him, especially Holly. She reminded him of his own mother. She died when he was little but he still remembered how kind and caring she was.

"Yeah, we are true Hufflepuffs after all. Generation after generation," Alora laughed.

"Your father looks like he knows his protective charms really well."

"Well, yeah. It's something our family has to be good at," she agreed hesitantly.

"Is there any specific reason?" Theo asked plainly, not paying much attention to it, looking around the cosy room.

"I am surprised Draco didn't tell you."

That remark seemed to get his full attention. "I noticed there was something going on. I figured out it was something to do with you but I did not scout. It was clear there was a reason why he couldn't tell me."

Alora's heart warmed up from that information. She knew she could trust Draco but she still thought that maybe he would tell at least something to his best friend.

"I guess I should tell you but you have to promise not to tell anybody," Alora pointed at him with raised index finger sternly.

"I promise." He adjusted his posture so he could look at her.

"What exactly did Draco tell you? About how we met and stuff?"

"Just that you were helping him manage his nightmares, that's all."

"Well. That's true. And that's exactly how we met. In his dreams."

Theo didn't say anything, just raised his eyebrows in confusion.