THIRTEEN - PUDDLES OF WATER

Draco was anxiously waiting for Alora in their usual meeting space. He was pacing back and forth, not allowing himself to put his guard down, not allowing himself to calm down until he would have her in his arms again. The last nightmare really took its toll on him and together with the visit of the Dark Lord it left him feeling uneasy.

The door squeaked a little when someone entered the empty classroom. Draco quickly turned around to see his favorite chocolate-eye girl. She looked completely unharmed, smiling at him sweetly with eyes full of happy sparkles. She changed her pace from walk to running, jumping into his arms when she was just close enough for him to catch her. And he did, pressing her tightly into his embrace, burying his face into her thick and soft curls.

"I missed you so mu-," he didn't even let her finish the sentence, silencing her with a desperate kiss. She immediately obeyed, kissing him back but making it much more softer and pleasurable.

"I missed you more," he whispered against her lips but swiftly closing the small gap once again.

After one long and much needed welcome they sat down in their usual corner. Draco refused to let her go for a single second, always holding her arm or caressing her back gently.

"You are unusually clingy today, not that I am complaining. Something happened, am I right?" She looked at him with worried eyes, rubbing his knuckles softly.

"I had a really unwanted visitor during the last day of the break," he admitted.

"Are you alright?" Alora immediately asked, inspecting him for any possible injury.

"He just wanted to remind me that my deadline is quickly approaching."

"Actually I would like to talk about it with you," she said bashfully.

"I am not going to talk about my task with you, Alora. You already know more than you should from my nightmares. It is not safe for you to know," Draco argued with a stern but still somehow loving voice.

"I know, I know," Alora added quickly. "I just thought that there could be someone else who would be able to help you."

"Like who? I am not bringing Theo into this mess either."

"What about professor Snape? He is skilled enough and he seems to care about you. He is the head of your house after all," she tried to bring it up carefully.

"I don't trust him, Alora. I just never know who's side he is playing for." Draco knew that Voldemort trusted Snape. That he thought he was his loyal servant. But he might as well be a double agent, secretly plotting with Dumbledore. "I won't risk it. I don't want to get caught and end up in the cell next to my father's."

"Just think about it, please. I think you can trust him," she looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Fine," Draco nodded reluctantly.

For a few more minutes they were sitting in comfortable silence. Draco pulled Alora onto his lap, so he could hold her closer. He needed it. He needed to feel her breath on his neck, he needed to hear her heartbeat, to feel her warmth, he needed to know she was well and alive.

"There is one more thing."

"What is it?" Alora looked at Draco with her big beautiful chocolate eyes and his heart dropped. He didn't know how to start. He exhaled deeply and decided to tear off the patch quickly.

"He knew about you?"

"What? Who?" Alora asked, confused.

"The Dark Lord. He knew about you. Not exactly about YOU you but he asked me about a witch with extraordinary abilities."