FOURTEEN - BUTTERFLIES

Alora was sitting on the sofa in her common room, thinking. She was already regretting how it turned out with Draco. She knew he was only trying to protect her, that he was worried about her. He was acting that way because he cared and she was afraid that she overreacted.

Yeah, it was scary that Voldemort could know about her, but she was sure it wasn't because of Felix.

"Alora!" Felix's frightened voice pulled her out of her thoughts.

"What is it?" She looked at him, confused.

"Theo is waiting for you in front of the entrance. It has something to do with Draco," Felix whispered to her hurriedly.

Alora swiftly jumped up and ran towards the entrance to the common room. Her head immediately filled up with hundreds of scenarios and not a single one was positive. It had to be something serious if Theo waited for her personally.

"Come with me," he immediately grabbed her hand and started pulling her towards the staircase.

"What happened, Theo? Where is Draco? Is he alright?"

"He is in infirmary. There was a fight and he got injured, pretty badly. Thankfully Snape was near when it happened, he was able to save him," Theo explained quickly.

Alora gasped in shock, immediately started running up the stairs, towards the hospital wing, pulling Theo behind her. Felix was following them closely. She had a thousand questions but swallowed them all. There would be enough time for answers, right now she only cared about one and one thing only. She needed to know that Draco was alive and well.

When they were almost at the infirmary Felix grabbed her hand, making her stop.

"What? Let me go, Felix!" Alora immediately tried to tear her hand out of his grasp but he only tightened his hold.

"I know you are worried sick about him, Alora. But you can't go in. You shouldn't be seen together. Especially not now. It's not safe."

Alora knew that Felix was right but it still hurt her. She wanted to be there for him, to hold his hand and ease his pain. She wanted to be there when he woke up to tell him that everything would be fine.

"I will go in and find out as much as I can, okay," Theo grabbed her other hand, pressing it in reassurance.

"Okay," Alora nodded.

She slid down the wall, collapsing. Felix sat down next to her, pulling her closer to him. They were hidden but had a perfect view to the entrance of the infirmary. Alora watched people leaving one by one until finally Theo appeared again. Alora immediately jumped up on her feet again, waiting for him to say something.

"He is still unconscious but stable. He lost a lot of blood but Snape was luckily able to reverse most of the damage. But his body still experienced a big shock and needs some time to recover. He will also have several scars, but other than that he will be okay."

"Thank you, Theo," Alora hugged him quickly.

"Wait a few more minutes. He is lying on the furthest bed, the curtains should be up. Madam Pomfrey said she will be checking on him every three hours or so. We should go back to our common room. See you tomorrow," Theo waved at her and disappeared down the stairs.

Felix gave her another quick hug and setted off after Theo. Alora waited a few minutes as she was told. When she finally peeked into the infirmary it was deadly quiet. There were no more patients and no signs of Madam Pomfrey. She quickly ran toward the only bed with pulled up curtains. She felt a big weight drop from her shoulders when she finally saw him.

Draco was lying there, his torso wrapped up firmly in thick bandages. He was shivering slightly so she quickly pulled up the cover before she sat down next to him. He looked almost peaceful, like he wasn't in pain. Alora gently grabbed his right hand into hers, pulling it up to her lips, pressing a long kiss on his knuckles.