TEN - THE BIGGEST SUPPORTER

Felix kept an eye on Draco for the whole day. With an exception of approximately one hour when he lost him in the seventh-floor corridor. It was weird. One moment he was there and the other he wasn't. But besides this one suspicious situation Draco acted nothing like his old self.

The incident with Dennis was just the first sign that he, in fact, changed. Later that day he told Crabe off when he was teasing one of the Hufflepuff first years and he even helped pick up her books afterwards.

Also the looks he was sending Alora's way whenever he noticed her were so genuine and caring. He couldn't fake something like that. Felix could only hope that Draco was a man of his word and wouldn't tell anybody about Alora's abilities.

"Finally. I wanted to report you missing," Felix chuckled as Alora plopped down on the seat next to him. She instantly started putting food on her plate, grunting unhappily because most of the food was already gone.

"What? Why?" She tried to act innocent.

Felix had a knowing look on his face as he noticed Draco pop into the Great Hall, heading towards the Slytherin table. But not without a quick glance towards the Hufflepuff one.

"So when did this happen?"

Alora widened her eyes in surprise, trying once more to act like she didn't know what he was talking about. "What do you mean?" She asked innocuously, stuffing her mouth with steamed vegetables so she didn't have to talk again.

"You and him," Felix said bluntly, flicking his head towards the table full of black and green robes.

Alora gulped heavily. "I didn't want to hide anything from you, Felix. I am sorry. I just-"

"Don't apologize, Al. I know that there are things you can't really influence. Like to whom you fall in love or to whom you will be forced to help. In your case, both," he winked at her, putting a spoon full of chocolate pudding in his mouth, waiting for her reaction. He immediately chuckled for himself when she almost choked on her own saliva.

"I- I don't...love," she started mumbling, suddenly more red than a strawberry.

"What I am trying to say," he looked at her more seriously again. "I support you. I am on your side, as always. I think you may be right, he is changing. I just hope it is not too late."

Alora breathed a long sigh of relief, looking around quickly. There were barely any students left. "Thank you, Felix. I was trying to keep my distance. I really did. He is really trying, you know. He knew Occlumency. He would do anything to protect my secret."

"I hope you are right. For your own good," Felix patted her hand affectionately.

"I Am," Alora nodded confidently.

Draco and Alora spent every free moment together, largely thanks to Theo and Felix. Theo was their biggest supporter. He was so happy to have his best friend back and he really liked the person Draco became. He knew it was because of Alora. She was quite surprised how kind and caring Theo was. It also seemed that he really enjoyed having friends from another house.

On the other hand Felix was still a little bit reserved but he still supported his best friend regardless.

From the moment they met in real life Draco didn't have any nightmares. At the beginning he missed their little dreamy dates but he soon realized that having her in real life was ten times better. He was falling quickly and hard but he didn't have the courage to admit it to anybody.

The year was running quickly and it was already winter. All of them were planning to go home for the Holidays. Some of them a little bit more willingly than the others. Draco didn't want to go, for several reasons. Mostly he didn't want to leave Alora. He knew she would be safe with her family but he would miss her terribly. He was also afraid of what would wait for him at home. Malfoy manor was full of Death Eaters lately and it was quite possible that Voldemort would also be there at some point.

It will be a long winter break. Draco was sure he could protect his mind and memories from everybody, but it would be hard and tiring, doing it for the whole three weeks. He couldn't let himself slip, not for a second.

"Why that troubled face?" Alora giggled and kissed the wrinkle in between his eyebrows.

"I am just gonna miss you. I hope you will visit me in my dreams at least," he smiled at her and pulled her down, so she could sit on his lap. They were hiding in some abandoned classroom again.

"You know I would if I could. But I already told you I can't choose which head I will appear next," she gave him a quick peck.

"In that case I will need much more if this is really goodbye for three weeks," he gave her a side smirk.

Alora laughed and waved her fingers into his hair, pulling his head forward. Draco didn't fight back, not even a little bit. He quickly wrapped his arms around her waist, squeezing her slightly. Alora let out a silent gasp and he quickly took advantage of it, deepening the kiss. The kiss got more sloppy, more passionate, more...desperate. For a moment they both forgot they are still in that abandoned classroom in Hogwarts. Until a timid knock on the door pulled them out of their own little bubble.

"Sorry to interrupt you, guys, but those ten minutes are gone," Theo entered the room with one palm covering his eyes and a wild grin on his face.

Draco let out an annoyed growl, still holding Alora firmly by her hip. "And why exactly are you covering your eyes right now?"

"I wasn't sure if both of you would be fully clothed," he grinned at him even more and dodged the book that suddenly flew his way.

"Idiot," Draco said under his breath and Alora giggled.

"But really. The train is leaving soon and Felix would kill you if you won't give her back in time."

"Give back? What am I, some kind of parcel?" Alora crossed her arms over her chest in pretended annoyance.

"The best Christmas present I've ever gotten," Draco whispered sweetly in her ear, pulling her back to his arms in a loving embrace. She succumbed quickly, enjoying the warmth and comfort while it lasted.

"Hurry up, guys. You are cute and all but we really don't have much time," Theo scolded them impatiently.

Draco stood up, pulling Alora with him, giving her one last kiss. "See you in three weeks," he mumbled against her lips.

"Be safe, please." Alora whispered with worry when Draco was already near the door. But he heard her and turned around to give her one last smile. Alora knew everything about the situation at his home and she didn't like it a single bit, that he would be forced to spend the whole winter break there. He was too young for all of this and she wished she could do much more for him than only take his nightmares away. She wanted to protect him also against all those real threats, but she couldn't. And even if she could, Draco wouldn't let her.

"I will," he whispered back and disappeared with Theo in the dark school corridor.