Chapter 31

BRIDGERTON fanfic
By myself

BRIDGERTON fanficBy myself

────────────
[ currently ... ]
Labyrinth

Arriving at the event, arm in arm ester sees the flowers that have been set up— but it seems that like usual, they were roses. Making her nose scrunch up, her mama sees this, "oh dear, do you—" her mama goes to ask her, "no. I'll be fine, oh look. There's lord benet" she sees the ginger man approaching them, and her mana had a strained smile.

"Lord benet" the two of them bow their heads, ester has a polite smile. A smile she always gives to the man, and he bows his head, "miss bridgerton, you look beautiful. I am glad to see you again" he says, even though he just saw her yesterday... for 2 hours... where he would seemingly always speak over her, and never listen.

But she must be fine with it. After all, while he might never listen, at least he'd be able to care for her financially, and he was kind— except when it comes to listening and letting her speak.

"Thank you my lord" she nods to him, and he turns as he bows to her mama, "lady bridgerton— or should i call you different now that the viscount has wed?" He asks her mama, "bridgerton is still my last name, lord benet" her mama smiles to him politely.

He nods in understanding, "I see" he says as there were chatter in the calm and floral event, grapevines were being observed by the other people in the event.

"Grapevines? Lord benet, have you purchased more grapevines?" Ester asks to not be in the moment of that silence which she was surprised had happened.

Lord benet hums, "ah, yes. I bought some grapevines on this land, though these are just for display— there are many more in a private land that should be taken care of at this moment." He hums while he smiles at her politely.

"That's splendid" her mama says while ester hums in agreement while she was smiling, "miss bridgerton, would you like me to show you around the event?" He asks, and ester looks at her mama with her eyes, and her mama nods

"Oh! I think i see lady gray by the treats" her mama pulls away after patting ester on her forearm.

"I'd love for you to show me your grapevines" she and lord benet hook arms as he leads her to the grapevines.

At the grapevines, he gets a compliment about them from a Lord fife, and just like always, he dives into it. How he had great wine made from his grapevines, or whatever grapevines could else be useful for.