Chapter 24

Just as he promised Carlos had helped me with Elias the next day, he had picked us up early morning, dropped me off at work and then spent the day with my boy. He sent me constant updates. Mainly with photos, occasionally just a text stating what they were doing. My heart fluttered every time he'd send a selfie of the two, how cute. My two boys having fun together. I didn't know if I was dumb or just so in love, at how fast I fell for Carlos. He was such a great man. It takes a real man to want to be fully involved with a little boy that biologically isn't his. Elias was over the moon with how Carlos told him, that he wants to be there for him as a father figure. Carlos told me what the boys at school told Eli. It saddened and angered me but there was nothing I could do. I made sure that night to hug my little boy extra tight and give him multiple goodnight kisses.

             The week had passed pretty fast and Eli had started his space program for the summer. He seemed to be enjoying it so far, telling me all about his first couple of days and what they're going to do over the summer. It was now Friday, we're going to have dinner with Carlos's family. I'm nervous, I know there'll be judgment and thoughts. I mean, I'm sure this isn't what they wanted or expected for their son. To have gotten with a single mother and a toddler. But I promised Carlos I wouldn't let anything get to me and I pushed the nervous thoughts out of my head. I'm currently sitting at my desk filing some legal paperwork on my computer when my phone dings. It's a text from Carlos.

Carlos: Hey mi amor, want me to pick up Eli from his space program?

Me: You can if you want amor, though I'm perfectly fine to pick him up after work in a couple of hours.

Carlos: I want to. Also... how would you and Eli feel about spending the weekend at my place ? You can get ready there for dinner at my parent's house, and then after dinner we'll head back to my house for the weekend. Totally up to you and no pressure mi Vida ❤️

Me: We'd love to ☺️

Carlos: Really? Perfect. I'll go pick up our boy and then we'll be waiting outside your office building later. See you soon hermosa 😘

Me: See you soon Guapo 😉

I felt like a teenager going to my boyfriend's house for the first time. He'd been in my home many times now, yet this time, it'd be me and Eli in his home. I wondered how his place looked like, I know he traveled a lot for work but I couldn't help but try and picture what his home looked like. And he said "our boy" referring to Eli. My heart was doing flips. I don't think I've ever been this happy, truly and utterly happy.

          I had gotten slammed with paperwork. You'd almost think no one filed anything while I was away last week. But, I wasn't going to complain. I did everything I had to do until the stack of papers was gone. I looked at my phone to check the time and seen I should've clocked out 30 minutes ago. Crap. I quickly grab my purse and phone and clock out. I make my way down the elevator and to the lobby. I say goodbye to the receptionist. When I exit the building doors I see Carlos standing outside his car he has the windows down and I see Eli's face in the back window. "Mami!" He calls out. Carlos quickly looks in my direction and a smile grows on his face. It was impossible not to smile at the sight in front of me. I carefully walk across the street and Carlos envelops me in a hug and kissed my head. "Hola mi Vida" he greets. "Hola amor" I say. "I've missed you too ma" Eli pouts with his arms sticking out the car window. Carlos and I chuckle and he releases me from our hug. I go to the window where Eli is ready for our hug and take him in. "I've missed you amor." I say. As I let him go I see he has his feet, most importantly shoes on the expensive car's seats. "Elias! Get your feet off the seats!" I scold him. "It's ok amor. It's just a seat" Carlos says to me. Of course, 'it's just a car' says the rich guy.