Chapter 39

﹌﹌﹌
Every girls dream is to have a big white wedding and a family. Aside singing that was my dream from a little girl, I'd dress my little body in long white summer dresses and have pretend weddings in the garden overlooking the ocean with my stuffed teddy's. My father always pondered on the idea of my big white wedding as well, what I'd look like, how he'd cast me down the aisle to my happy ever after. And there I was being handed that by Charles as he knelt comfortably on one knee before me.

"Charles I-"

"Just before you answer me..hear me out because i understand this it a lot" He stood up, carefully discarding the ring to the side "This past year has been one of the best years I've had and that's because of you..I love our little bubble we have whenever we're around each other and don't want it to change..I've fallen so madly in love with you it actually pains me..and when I'm away from you I just want to be back by your side..I'm not asking you to marry me straight away that'd be insane..but I want you to say yes and wear that ring so I know what we have will last forever no matter what"

I felt the tears begin the form uncontrollably behind my eyes as I looked up at him through hooded lids. My breath was quick and shaky as I ran over my choice in my head. Of course I wanted to marry Charles, from the moment I saw him again after all that time I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my breaths on him. Ultimately I knew what my answer was no matter the circumstances.

"Of course I'll marry you"

His eyes widened at my simple yet effective response. He'd half guessed I'd say no after everything that's happened between us, but he was wrong because the troubles, yells and tears shed made us stronger in a way. A bright smile appeared on his face before pulling me into a tight embrace, swinging me around as I giggled in his arms. Both our excitements were bubbling over in that moment "Lucinda Stone you're the most amazing woman"

When he finally set me down I beamed up at him, I was the happiest I'd been since Bahrain. It was crazy to think this journey began in Vegas and was only just getting started in Silverstone

"I can't tell you how much I love you Luce"

"Words haven't been invented for how much I love you too Charles" He turned to his side grasping the ring and gently slipped it onto my bare ring finger. He gestured a small kiss to my hand before offering me a deeper one pulling me closer to his secure aura.

"Luce Leclerc" He whispered.

                                        ﹌﹌﹌
"HE DID WHAT!?"

I didn't hesitate when Charles went to bed early due to the qualifying being the next day, to call the girls back to my room to tell them everything that had happened. I was radiating that much excitement and happiness they already speculated it was something huge.

"I really do pray for the guests staying next to you" Jade cringed when Jesy's high pitch screams shot through the walls like missiles "But also what the fuck!"

"When he told us he had a surprise planned for you I didn't think he meant this" Leigh was staring at my hand in utter ore "Good thing you're marrying rich look at the size of it..Lewis best take notes"

I rolled my eyes at the passing comment with a smirk "It's not about the money..it's him that I love"

Jesy looked at me with a mischievous smile, her eyebrow raised as she examined the ring again "Exactly he's literally walking money" Jade was the first one to quickly swat her arm scolding her "Jesy"