Chapter 12

It's officially race week for Australia! Let's hope for another Ferrari podium! ❤️

                 Song Wires- The Neighbourhood

﹌﹌﹌

Charles had mixed feelings about the Saturday practice before the qualifier. The days that had passed since that night at the restaurant, his mood was forever dipping up and down. I'd avoided the downs as much as I could, I didn't really know what to say when it came to his career troubles. I wasn't an expert at motorsport but that wasn't to say I wasn't trying to be. I on the other hand had a plain sailing rest of the week. Each of our solo shots had been filmed and I was utterly obsessed with the outfit they'd placed me in.

 Each of our solo shots had been filmed and I was utterly obsessed with the outfit they'd placed me in

(For visual purposes)

By the time Saturday had come around the only thing left to film was the nighttime shot on the grid, but that was going to have to wait till after the race weekend.

Me and Jesy had decided to check out the Ferrari hospitality before the practice started, whilst Jade and Leigh went over to Mercedes. Once we had made our way into the hospitality section Jesy had began to walk ahead of me, looking around to get a sense of what it was like. I noticed people milling about talking to each other, it was relatively a relaxed atmosphere as opposed to the hetic environment that can come with a race weekend. A few people had recognised us but were polite enough not to approach. We'd each grabbed a glass of champagne before we made our way onto a balcony that overlooked the track. The sun was beginning to set and the wind had dramatically picked up.

"This place is incredible I swear" Jesy spoke as I took in the view. I leant forward with her against the railing, the wind softly blowing into my hair cooling me a bit "it's definitely been surreal" I added.

"I know right?" Jesy grinned widely as she fidgeted with the glass in her hand "I know we're used to travelling on tour but to actually see the back end of this sport" she shook her head in disbelief "it's like a whole new world back here Luce"

"A world we're now apart of" I added. There was no denying we was ever going to say goodbye to Formula One, I was still going to go to races and support Charles when I could. I loved this side to life. The fast life.

Jesy took a small breath before speaking I could tell she was still taken back by the entire week "From the races to the parties to just this..it's weird to think we hardly knew these people a few months ago"

I smiled and lazily tilted my glass towards hers "cheers to a good few months"

"Cheers" she replied as she clinked her glass with mine. It really had been the most amazing experience since Vegas. An experience that had gone by in a flash. Me and Charles were growing closer each day, and it seemed we'd built a friendship for life. Things were looking pretty good for the future.