Chapter 24

A bit of a shorter one my loves as I'm currently in the process of moving uni flats and it's a nightmare ahahah!
I hope you're enjoying it so far x
﹌﹌﹌

"I can't lie I thought you knew"

Once Charles had gone for the last free practice before qualifying, I had dragged Leigh back to Kika who was still sat waiting patiently. Although upon me sitting down with a heavy sigh and Leigh sulking she immediately wanted to know what went on.

"I haven't been on social media the past few days and you didn't exactly say a word yourself" I could feel a large headache brewing behind my eyes which I tried desperately to rub away without smudging my makeup. But my attempts were a little worse for wear.

"Wait let me get this straight" Kika said, taking a quick look between the pair of us before continuing "You're dating Lewis Hamilton and Luce didn't know?" Leigh nodded in response with an impertinent grin "And you're sort of with Charles and Leigh's just found out" I bobbed my head with an eye roll.

"Oh that's hilarious" She giggled.

"Is it? Is it really?" I asked dryly.

"You didn't tell me about Charles so you have no right to be mad about me not telling you about Lewis" Leigh said, plucking her champagne flute from in front of her and taking a sip quietly.

"You know I would've if I could but me and Charles made a promise to each other to keep it quiet until we knew what was really going on"

"Some promise that was he's already done a good job telling two people"

"Well technically three" Kika chuckled across from me, her eyes sparkling with merriment. I shot her a glare before I continued "anyways I have my excuse so unless yours is the exact same which I'm pretty sure it isn't considering Charles knows then I have a reason to be mad"

Leigh exhaled slowly, I'd backed her into a corner there was no way in hell she could've gotten herself out of it without a perfectly good reason.
"No you're right I'm sorry I should've phoned you" I nodded my head, soundlessly accepting her apology.

"I'm guessing you're still pretty pissed off at Charles then?" Kika quizzed, raising an eyebrow at me in anticipation of what I'd said or likely done in the time I'd vanished. I sighed heavily, almost like a dragon breathing fire and I nearly did in that moment.

"Yes..no..I don't know"

"You have a right to be angry Luce it's your situation just as much as his"

"I have to agree with Kika he really should've told you" Leigh added.

"I know I know..but it was obviously harmless Charles couldn't hurt a fly"

Kika smiled as she leant back in her chair, crossing her arms with a small shrug "Just think the make up sex will be brilliant later"

"Kika Gomes!" I gasped loudly with a laugh, Leigh and Kika returned a giggle besides each other. I finally had felt myself relax, I knew I couldn't stay mad at Charles and I would sort that out the second I got the chance too. But amidst everything going on I'd completely forgot that Leigh was here, really here in Miami with me.

"Are you going to actually give me a hug now?" She opened up her arms in a gesture for me to lean over into her embrace, and I wasted no time doing so. I bent over the table and wrapped my free arm around her tightly whilst using the other to gather Kika into the hug.