Ch. 47 Saints Day

A few months later

Korianna and Sincere had been running around making sure everything was perfect for Saint's first birthday between the two they didn't know which one was more excited.

"Hello hello where's the birthday boy?" Bishop called from the front door

"Wow daddy no love for your daughter just bust through the door asking for someone else?" Kori fake pouted

"Shay, not you jealous of the damn baby!" Bishop teased, walking over to give her a hug. "Hi, baby girl. How you doing? Is the food almost done?" he asked, peeking into the kitchen, the delicious aromas making his stomach growl.

"Hell nah I been asking since earlier she been saying it's almost done since this morning" Tank mugged walking in with Maura and Kamari in tow.

Korianna smiled, her earlier pout replaced with a look of happiness. "You know we had to make sure everything was perfect for Saints big day."

"Yeah, yeah, I get it," Bishop laughed, shaking his head. "Let's just make sure lil man has the best first birthday ever."

The group was ecstatic about the birthday boys day he'd been in everyone's life for the last nine months and none could imagine it without him. Everyone was appointed roles for today the selected photographer, Tahj, was already in the backyard, ensuring everything was picture-perfect before the party kicked off. His eye for detail and passion for capturing moments made him the perfect choice.

Aubri had no problem helping with the cooking, especially knowing her man would be one of the first to dig in. Her newfound culinary skills were well-appreciated, and she took pride in making the food delicious and plentiful.

Tank insisted on being the unofficial official security guard. No one knew who he expected to crash the event, but there was no arguing with the man. His imposing presence and protective nature reassured everyone that the party would be safe.

Maura helped pack the goodie bags for the kids, filling them with fun and thoughtful items that would keep the little ones entertained. Meanwhile, Krystal took charge of packing the adult goodie bags, knowing the parents would appreciate a treat after dealing with hyperactive kids all afternoon.

Blaze would be their DJ for the day, boasting that he knew a thing or two about mixing. Kori just hoped he kept the playlist kid-friendly. His infectious energy and love for music promised to keep the atmosphere lively and enjoyable for everyone.

"Did anyone invite Imani?" Tank questioned just as Tahj was walking in.

"I didn't officially invite her, but she did comment and like the happy birthday post I put on Insta. She never told me she was coming," Kori said, her voice carrying a hint of uncertainty. She had been more active on social media lately, enjoying the peace now that Latoya wasn't able to bash her or Sincere in the comments.

Although their bond wasn't as strong as it once was, the women were still cordial. "I-if y'all don't want her to come, let me know. I'll call her and make something up. I d-don't want anyone feeling uncomfortable," Kori added, glancing between Aubri and Tahj, who both seemed unphased.

Tahj shrugged, feeling secure in his current relationship with Aubri. He had gotten over his breakup with Imani months ago. "I'm straight, best. She can pull up," he said, his tone casual.

Aubri nodded in agreement. "It's all good, Kori. We're here to celebrate Saint. Besides, the more, the merrier, right?"

Korianna felt a wave of relief wash over her. "Okay, thanks, guys. I just wanted to make sure everyone was cool with it."