35: Trespassers

"Are you taking me as a fool? Or are you making up excuses?" Illumi's patience was running thin from your stubbornness, he was not having your excuses because it was evident that you simply disregarded the engagement ring he gave you.

"Should any adversity arise, rest assured I can always provide another, Y/N."

You left Illumi's room after that to retrieve the engagement ring in your room. Finally, you had come downstairs and reached the front door of the mansion, it has already been a few days and you were about to leave the estate again, yet you haven't been seeing Killua around. Was he still in solitary confinement?

Guilt shrouded your figure as you recalled what happened during the last phase of the hunter exam. You recalled how Killua looked at you for help but you just disregarded it, ignoring his helpless gaze. You were too occupied yesterday that you had forgotten to visit Killua underground. If you did, you'd expect him to be upset with you.

With that, you've decided to head underground, to solitary confinement to at least speak with Killua before leaving for months.

Unexpectedly, you saw a familiar figure heading the same way,

"Hey Mil." The boy turned his head around when you called his name, he had this serious look on his face as he was heading the same way as you were,

"Yeah?" Milluki responded, his dark squinty eyes scanned your figure, you were surrounded by this vicious aura in spite of doing nothing. He couldn't deny that despite your pleasing appearance, this was one of the reasons that he prefers to not interact with you, he gets uneasy as he was well aware of  the power you hold. The heavy feeling was especially strong today though, but he wasn't going to mention that.

Y/N. Somethings different about her, she seems more exposed. Momma did mentioned to us about her curse, is her seal beginning to wither? Milluki thought to himself as he felt your heavy presence, however, he remained casual and ignored your aura.

"Kil's still in there?" You asked, referring to the torture room. With Milluki deep in thought, he only nodded and pointed out which direction Killua was kept.

It feels like walking on broken glass around her. She's basically a ticking time bomb. I can't say for sure why big brother Illumi would want to marry her, except that she's hot—

Milluki cringed from his own thoughts as he shakes his head to disregard then thought.

But still, I don't think it'll be enough of a compensation knowing aniki.

"Thanks." You entered the dungeon, Milluki was left outside as he was still full of thoughts and doubt.

As your presence was nearing Killua. The boy woke up from his slumber, still chained up. Your presence was incredibly strong that it disturbed his rest despite you still being outside. Killua's brows met from the unusual feeling. What's with the unusual heavy atmosphere?

As you opened the door, he was already looking at you.

"Kil." You greeted the boy. The white haired assassin looked away as he pouted with annoyance from the sight of you.

"I heard you're engaged with big brother, huh?" you let out an exhale,

"Yeah."

"I knew that'd happen. You're too afraid to say no to him that's why you just left me there," You gulped with his confrontation. You didn't know what to say as you had no idea how to respond to such thing.

When Killua noticed your silence, he put up an annoyed expression. "Why're you down here?" He said nonchalantly. Masking how upset he was.

"I'm leaving, I'm not sure when I'll be back. I thought maybe you'd want to know before I leave."