13: Challenged

After the encounter with Hisoka in one of the airship's room, you arrive in your destination which was Split Mountain where the alternative second phase would be happening.

You already reactivated your nen ability as you returned to your disguised self. You sighed as you masked up your exhaustion.

It was almost late in the afternoon. A couple of hours from now, the sun should be setting.

Surprisingly, Hisoka left you alone after suggesting something atrocious. You rejected him, agreeing to fight him after the exam is over instead. It didn't meant he stopped eyeing you when all the applicants disembarked the air ship though.

You chose to ignore him and distanced yourself as far as possible from him. You didn't want to be associated with Hisoka because that would get you a lot of attention.

"My... How tempting. You wouldn't mind, don't you, Y/N?" He says as his eyes were laced with malice. Hisoka smirked as he licked his lips. It was certainly a sight for him to see you like that.

You got annoyed at his suggestion. But you sighed in defeat, refusing to accept the latter. "Fine, I'll fight you after the exam." With that, he left you in the room as he chuckled to himself. You were left to rest and think about your interaction with Hisoka.

You were glad Hisoka left you, you had a couple of hours to regain your strength for another exam phase without being bothered. Your rest wasn't enough though, you were still exhausted but at least it's better than never to actually get to deactivate your nen ability.

You were the best when masking up your fatigue. Hisoka was eyeing you, clearly impressed of how you kept yourself from collapsing. He was right about making you one of his play things. He did not regret one bit. Sure you were stubborn and cold but you were also strong and yet to reach your full potential. He surely hit the jackpot when he met you in Heaven's Arena and then crossed paths with you in the Hunter's exam.

You almost shivered when you felt his eyes on you, but you didn't bother sparing a glance at Hisoka, it would only put fuel in fire.

"This is it. Take a look at what's down there." Menchi, the examimer and all the applicants, including you, looked down on the ravine of the mountain.

"What is that?" Someone looked at it strangely. It was probably the best to not enhance your eyes using your nen to conserve your energy. You all waited for the fog to disperse as it makes the strange thick rectangular shaped webs visible.

Killua was looking down on the edge of the ravine with Gon and the examiner, you silently observed him.

"A spider eagle's web." The wind from below blew hard scarring some of the applicants. Your eyes caught a bunch of spider-eagle's eggs hanging wrapped in the thick web.

"Look past the web to what's underneath." The examiner instructed. "Those are spider-eagle eggs."

"Spider-eagles build webs in deep ravines like this one. It helps protect their eggs from predators. That's what makes spider eagle egg one of the most difficult ingredients to obtain." Chairman Netero said,

"Also, the eggs are commonly known as dream eggs." The chairman blabbered walking towards the applicants.

"H-hey wait a minute. Do you mean—" The examinee that caused a scene from earlier asked to be interrupted by Menchi,

"You bet I do." Menchi's heels tapped on the surface as she jumped up to fall in the split of the mountain. She held on to the thick web. The examinees were afraid for her, shocked of her actions.